Dashboards & Visualizations

How to create tooltip/dropdown on a table column?

aru949
Explorer

I am creating a table using a search query. I want to show the details of that column value using a dropdown or tooltip (when hovering) over it. For example, 

Suppose that table has a column Test and has a value PT. When I click on PT it should expand and display Physical Training or when I hover over it, it should show the complete name. Is it possible to to do?

Labels (5)
0 Karma

kamlesh_vaghela
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust

@aru949 

Please share your code here in code block. So we can help you further. 

KV

0 Karma

aru949
Explorer

I'm not able to see the tooltips even after replicating the dashboards and js files provided here. I'm using Splunk version 9.

0 Karma

ITWhisperer
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust

Which browser are you using?

Which version of the browser?

Have you tried clearing your browser cache?

0 Karma

aru949
Explorer

I'm using Safari version 16.1

0 Karma

ITWhisperer
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust

Have you tried a different browser?

0 Karma

aru949
Explorer

Yes, doesn't work on chrome as well

0 Karma

ITWhisperer
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust

Perhaps you can post exactly what you have tried, so someone might be able to spot an error? Please use a code-block </> and anonymise any sensitive data.

0 Karma

kamlesh_vaghela
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust
0 Karma

aru949
Explorer

Hi @kamlesh_vaghela ,
I tried all these approaches but none of them seem to work for me.

0 Karma

ITWhisperer
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust

Please explain how each approach did not work for you? What is different about your usecase?

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Introducing the 2024 SplunkTrust!

Hello, Splunk Community! We are beyond thrilled to announce our newest group of SplunkTrust members!  The ...

Introducing the 2024 Splunk MVPs!

We are excited to announce the 2024 cohort of the Splunk MVP program. Splunk MVPs are passionate members of ...

Splunk Custom Visualizations App End of Life

The Splunk Custom Visualizations apps End of Life for SimpleXML will reach end of support on Dec 21, 2024, ...