Dashboards & Visualizations

How to create multiple tab in a single dashboard using advanced XML?

Aakanksha
Path Finder

How to create multiple tab in a single dashboard using advanced XML?

I want to create a View with four tabs, each tab containing multiple charts and tables.

Also, Is it possible to put two different charts in single panel?

Tags (1)
0 Karma
1 Solution

Ayn
Legend

Have a look at the TabSwitcher module (http://docs.splunk.com/Documentation/Splunk/5.0.1/AdvancedDev/ModuleReference#TabSwitcher ).

As for putting different charts in a single panel, yes it is possible by using the same panel but different groups (for instance layoutPanel="panel_row2_col1_grp1", layoutPanel="panel_row2_col1_grp2" and so on).

View solution in original post

Ayn
Legend

Have a look at the TabSwitcher module (http://docs.splunk.com/Documentation/Splunk/5.0.1/AdvancedDev/ModuleReference#TabSwitcher ).

As for putting different charts in a single panel, yes it is possible by using the same panel but different groups (for instance layoutPanel="panel_row2_col1_grp1", layoutPanel="panel_row2_col1_grp2" and so on).

HattrickNZ
Motivator

hi @Ayn

I hope i am clear here so here goes:
I have the below panel, and what I want to do is add a tab so that I can 2 tabs, in total, and I can switch between, tab1 and tab2. The below panel is a chart but for example I would want tab2 to be a table for the same search. Can you advise based on your comment above?

<panel>
      <chart>
        <title>usage_licence_wanttoAddTabsHere</title>
        <searchString>index=core host="snzclakl598" elementType=USN measInfoId=117490527 duration=PT1800S earliest=-1d@d latest=@d| eval limit2=if(userLabel=="SGSN02KPR",77777,if(userLabel=="USN01HAM",88888,"NULL")) | stats max(c117492014) as whatever max(limit2) as "whatever with a space" by userLabel</searchString>
        <earliestTime/>
        <latestTime/>
        <option name="charting.axisLabelsX.majorLabelStyle.overflowMode">ellipsisNone</option>
        <option name="charting.axisLabelsX.majorLabelStyle.rotation">0</option>
        <option name="charting.axisTitleX.visibility">visible</option>
        <option name="charting.axisTitleY.visibility">visible</option>
        <option name="charting.axisTitleY2.visibility">visible</option>
        <option name="charting.axisX.scale">linear</option>
        <option name="charting.axisY.scale">linear</option>
        <option name="charting.axisY2.enabled">0</option>
        <option name="charting.axisY2.scale">inherit</option>
        <option name="charting.chart">bar</option>
        <option name="charting.chart.nullValueMode">gaps</option>
        <option name="charting.chart.sliceCollapsingThreshold">0.01</option>
        <option name="charting.chart.stackMode">default</option>
        <option name="charting.chart.style">shiny</option>
        <option name="charting.drilldown">all</option>
        <option name="charting.layout.splitSeries">0</option>
        <option name="charting.legend.labelStyle.overflowMode">ellipsisMiddle</option>
        <option name="charting.legend.placement">right</option>
      </chart>
    </panel>
0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Introducing the 2024 SplunkTrust!

Hello, Splunk Community! We are beyond thrilled to announce our newest group of SplunkTrust members!  The ...

Introducing the 2024 Splunk MVPs!

We are excited to announce the 2024 cohort of the Splunk MVP program. Splunk MVPs are passionate members of ...

Splunk Custom Visualizations App End of Life

The Splunk Custom Visualizations apps End of Life for SimpleXML will reach end of support on Dec 21, 2024, ...