Dashboards & Visualizations

How to create a second Y-Axis using the downsampled Line Chart visualization?

skoelpin
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust

I'm using the downsampled line chart visualization and I want to create a second Y-axis like the regular chart visualization. I noticed the format option is gone with downsampled line chart and I cannot "trick" it into using a second Y-axis by modifying the XML since it throws validation errors.

Is there a way to modify my search so it overlays 2 searches and creates my second Y-axis? It's optimized to run in seconds so I would like to keep it fast if possible

0 Karma
1 Solution

skoelpin
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust

I ended up sticking to a single Y-axis using the downsampled line chart and disabling a field if its overshadowing the other results

View solution in original post

0 Karma

skoelpin
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust

I ended up sticking to a single Y-axis using the downsampled line chart and disabling a field if its overshadowing the other results

View solution in original post

0 Karma

niketnilay
Legend

@skoelpin, you can post your own comment as answer and accept the same as answered. I was not able to visualize the requirement, so wanted to see a mock up of desired output.

niketnilay
Legend

@skoelpin, can you add a sample table with mock data and also mocked screenshot of how you want to see the output?

How will you .conf21? You decide! Go in-person in Las Vegas, 10/18-10/21, or go online with .conf21 Virtual, 10/19-10/20.