Dashboards & Visualizations

How to apply table drilldown in the same page using a field value option?

skender27
Contributor

Hi,

I am trying to apply drilldown in a form where a dashboard panel drills down to another one (in the same page). The original panel is a table and the drilldown would be a cell drilldown type.
I wrote the XML in this way:

<drilldown>
          <set token="drill_token">$click.value$</set>
        </drilldown>

So the value of the field clicked applies to the search in the appearing dashboard panel (table).
An suggestions about the option $click.value$ or other I should use?

Thanks,
Skender

0 Karma
1 Solution

jeffland
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust

$click.value$ will give you the value of the leftmost cell in the clicked row. You probably want to use $click.value2$, which returns the value of the clicked cell. See here for docs.

View solution in original post

jeffland
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust

$click.value$ will give you the value of the leftmost cell in the clicked row. You probably want to use $click.value2$, which returns the value of the clicked cell. See here for docs.

skender27
Contributor

Thanks a lot jeffland.
Now it works. In fact, I put the combined field date_month." ".date_year in the first column and now I get the right drilldown below the panel.

Thanks a have a nice day,
Skender

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

.conf24 | Registration Open!

Hello, hello! I come bearing good news: Registration for .conf24 is now open!   conf is Splunk’s rad annual ...

ICYMI - Check out the latest releases of Splunk Edge Processor

Splunk is pleased to announce the latest enhancements to Splunk Edge Processor.  HEC Receiver authorization ...

Introducing the 2024 SplunkTrust!

Hello, Splunk Community! We are beyond thrilled to announce our newest group of SplunkTrust members!  The ...