Dashboards & Visualizations

How to add content from another site to dashboard?

C4r7m4n
Path Finder

Hello,

I want to add to my dashboard called iframe, content from some side e.g. google.com

So i create dashboard iframe, remove:

\?xml version='1.0' encoding='utf-8'?\
         \dashboard>
               \label>iframe</label>
         \/dashboard>

and add this code:

\?xml version='1.0' encoding='utf-8'?\
\view
  \module name="IFrameInclude"
    \param name="src">google.com\/param
    \param name="check_exists">True\/param
  \module\
\view\

from http://docs.splunk.com/Documentation/Splunk/latest/Developer/UseHTML#Add_an_IFrame

to $SPLUNK_HOME/etc/apps/search/local/data/ui/views/iframe.xml

It doesn't affect to my dashboard. What am I doing wrong?

Best Regards,
C4r7m4n

0 Karma

sideview
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust

You should check out the Sideview Development Kit. It's only out as a private beta this week but email me and I'll put you on the list.

An enormous number of things like this, that are hard in the core Splunk systems, become a lot easier with the kit.

http://sideviewapps.com/apps/sideview-development-kit/

In particular, you should check out a view in the app called "The Freshmaker", ("/app/sideview/refresh_entities"). It's not built as an example of how to drive a simple IFrame; actually it's built as a functional tool so Splunk app-developers can refresh modified savedsearches and views from disk. However it makes a pretty good example of how to use our HTML module to set up a simple iframe. Overall the app contains 60+ views of documentation and working examples and there's a ton of stuff like this to make your life a bit easier.

You may be able to make use of Splunk's IFrameInclude module, as you have tried here. The IFrameInclude module is a little tricky to use, and it's pretty limited when you get down to it. I will point out that what you've done here, in the XML you've posted, is create an entirely new view that only has that IFrameInclude module in it. If your intention was to add a single IFrameInclude module to your existing dashboard, you may need to orient yourself a little more. http://docs.splunk.com/Documentation/Splunk/4.3.1/Developer/AdvancedIntro

0 Karma

sideview
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust

Sorry - and I'm afraid your particular email somehow got flagged as spam. I see it now and that won't happen again. I'm in transit at the moment but I'll add your email address to the list later today.

0 Karma

C4r7m4n
Path Finder

hello @nick

I have wrote to you an email a couple day ago, did you got it?

0 Karma

sideview
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust

It's just nick at sideviewapps.com, or you can use my contact form.

0 Karma

C4r7m4n
Path Finder

hello @nick

Thanks you for respond. How exactly find your email? 😉

Best Regards,
C4r7m4n

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Extending Observability Content to Splunk Cloud

Register to join us !   In this Extending Observability Content to Splunk Cloud Tech Talk, you'll see how to ...

What's new in Splunk Cloud Platform 9.1.2312?

Hi Splunky people! We are excited to share the newest updates in Splunk Cloud Platform 9.1.2312! Analysts can ...

What’s New in Splunk Security Essentials 3.8.0?

Splunk Security Essentials (SSE) is an app that can amplify the power of your existing Splunk Cloud Platform, ...