Dashboards & Visualizations

How to add a refresh link in my dashboard

shivendra_infy
Path Finder

I need to add a refresh link on my dashboard which when clicked should refresh my dashboard.

1 Solution

shivendra_infy
Path Finder

Hi templier,
Thanks for the link,but I am looking for explicity defining a refresh link which would appear as a link on my dashboard. So that user can click on it and refresh at it will.
Do you have something on it ?

View solution in original post

0 Karma

nkumart
 <fieldset submitButton="false" autoRun="false">
    <html>
      <div style="text-align: right;" >
       <a href="<name_of_your_xml_without_extension>" class="btn btn-primary">Refresh</a>
       </div>
     </html>
  </fieldset>

You can remove the class="btn btn-primary" to get it as a link.
You can tinker around with div tag for formatting.

0 Karma

shivendra_infy
Path Finder

Hi templier,
Thanks for the link,but I am looking for explicity defining a refresh link which would appear as a link on my dashboard. So that user can click on it and refresh at it will.
Do you have something on it ?

0 Karma

shivendra_infy
Path Finder

Hi Templier,
It seems the above link you mentined needs to be placed in every panel.When I try to place it on top of my dashboard its not appearing anywhere.Copying my code here,Can you let me know where am I going wrong.
Not sure how to make the link visible on top.

Consolidated Monitoring

true

0 Karma

templier
Communicator

So, maybe function refresh.link.visible can help you.

0 Karma

shivendra_infy
Path Finder

Yes, I need to give a link on my dashboard which would refresh my dashboard when clicked.
Basically I need it because I need to reset the value of my tokens so that the results come correct.

0 Karma

templier
Communicator

Hello,
Maybe you need something like this .

Sergey

0 Karma

shivendra_infy
Path Finder

Thanks,
I did it using HTML Tag...Its working fine now.

0 Karma

pinksqtuason
Explorer

hello shivendra_infy,

do you still have the technique you made to make it work?

tnx

0 Karma

skoelpin
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust

By link, do you mean adding a button in your dashboard which when clicked will repopulate the panels with new data?

How many panels are on your dashboard? Are they post processing?

You could create a button which will launch a search (This will repopulate the panels with updated data)

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Index This | I am a number, but when you add ‘G’ to me, I go away. What number am I?

March 2024 Edition Hayyy Splunk Education Enthusiasts and the Eternally Curious!  We’re back with another ...

What’s New in Splunk App for PCI Compliance 5.3.1?

The Splunk App for PCI Compliance allows customers to extend the power of their existing Splunk solution with ...

Extending Observability Content to Splunk Cloud

Register to join us !   In this Extending Observability Content to Splunk Cloud Tech Talk, you'll see how to ...