Dashboards & Visualizations

How to add a calculated values as threshold in a line chart?

anooshac
Communicator

Hi everyone,

I have a line chart of some tasks and its duration. I am trying to add average of the duration of all tasks as threshold.

|stats values(duration) as "Duration(Hr)" by Task|sort Task|stats avg(duration) as threshold

I am not getting any results from the query.I have previously added threshold as a fixed value. Is there any different method to add a threshold value which is calculated not fixed.

Labels (2)
Tags (2)
0 Karma
1 Solution

ITWhisperer
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust

Use eventstats

|stats values(duration) as "Duration(Hr)" by Task|sort Task|eventstats avg('Duration(Hr)') as threshold

View solution in original post

0 Karma

ITWhisperer
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust

Use eventstats

|stats values(duration) as "Duration(Hr)" by Task|sort Task|eventstats avg('Duration(Hr)') as threshold
0 Karma

anooshac
Communicator

Thanks!! It is working. Does the aggregate function only work with eventstats?

0 Karma

ITWhisperer
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust

No, the aggregate function works for all the stats and chart commands, eventstats adds the field to the events in the pipeline, whereas stats replaces the events in the pipeline

0 Karma

anooshac
Communicator

Thank you so much for the info.

Can you please suggest any resources which will help in increasing the Splunk knowledge..

0 Karma

ITWhisperer
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust

Splunk provide various training and certification opportunities

Splunk Training & Certification | Splunk

You can also download and setup trail instances to try things out.

You could look through the answers provided here and other community channels to see how other people have approached various problems.

0 Karma

anooshac
Communicator

Sure..Thank you so much for the info!!

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Introducing the 2024 SplunkTrust!

Hello, Splunk Community! We are beyond thrilled to announce our newest group of SplunkTrust members!  The ...

Introducing the 2024 Splunk MVPs!

We are excited to announce the 2024 cohort of the Splunk MVP program. Splunk MVPs are passionate members of ...

Splunk Custom Visualizations App End of Life

The Splunk Custom Visualizations apps End of Life for SimpleXML will reach end of support on Dec 21, 2024, ...