Dashboards & Visualizations

How to accomplish a cell based drill down?

jason_hotchkiss
Communicator

Hello - 

I have a table with several columns:

Host Src IP Dest IP Src Port Dest Port
myHost 10.0.0.1 10.0.0.2 50000 80

I would like to have cell based drills downs.  For example, Host would drill down into a dashboard called host_detail.xml, the rest of the columns would fill the value of the clicked cell to the appropriate filter token.
The tokens are called src_ip_tok, dest_ip_tok, src_port_tok, and dest_port_tok. 

How would I accomplish this?

Thank you.

Labels (4)
0 Karma

richgalloway
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust

What you describe is row-based drilldown, not cell-based.  In cell-based drilldown, each cell in a row has a different drilldown destination, but here the cells are just arguments to a shared drilldown.

In the drilldown definition, specify the arguments using the format $row.<<column>>$.

$row.Host$ $row.Src IP$ $row.Dest IP$ $row.Src Port$ $row.Dest Port$

Note that column names are used rather than token names.

---
If this reply helps you, Karma would be appreciated.
0 Karma

jason_hotchkiss
Communicator

Thank you, regarding this:

each cell in a row has a different drilldown destination

What would the XML look like if each cell had a different drilldown destination?

0 Karma

richgalloway
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust

I could try to explain it, but I think this answer does it better than I could.  https://community.splunk.com/t5/Splunk-Search/How-to-set-a-different-drilldown-for-each-cell-in-a-ta...

---
If this reply helps you, Karma would be appreciated.
0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Updated Team Landing Page in Splunk Observability

We’re making some changes to the team landing page in Splunk Observability, based on your feedback. The ...

New! Splunk Observability Search Enhancements for Splunk APM Services/Traces and ...

Regardless of where you are in Splunk Observability, you can search for relevant APM targets including service ...

Webinar Recap | Revolutionizing IT Operations: The Transformative Power of AI and ML ...

The Transformative Power of AI and ML in Enhancing Observability   In the realm of IT operations, the ...