Dashboards & Visualizations

How to Apply a condition depends on a field or token?

ibanhoe
Observer

Hi team

I need to apply a different condition in one panel of my dashboard depending on a selected column in other panel

I am trying to assign a token value in my first panel depending on the column I just select, and then use this token value in order to apply a specific condition in my second panel.

My first question is: What should be the token value that I have to set to my token in order to identify the clicked column? I mean, what token value I can select:

$click.name$
$click.name2$

My second question is: How can I configure my query in the second panel in order to take in account the token value, and apply the specific condition based on the token value

Thanks in advance

Labels (2)
Tags (2)
0 Karma

ITWhisperer
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust

name2 gives the column name

The second answer depends on the search you are trying to do and how you want to use the token value (column name) in your search query

0 Karma

ibanhoe
Observer

Thanks for your answer

Lets suppose that the token assigned in the first panel is "range", in my second panel I want to apply something like this:

if($range$,"1", response_time <100, if($range$,"2",response_time >= 100 and response_time < 500, if($range$,"3", response_time >=500))

Is something like this possible?

Is there any other way to do something similar?

Thanks in advance

0 Karma

ITWhisperer
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust

I am not sure what you are trying to do - is the column called "1" or "2" or "3", i.e. the value of range with be $click.name2$ (the name of the clicked column)?

0 Karma

ibanhoe
Observer

Hi

This is my first panel:

First PanelFirst Panel

I want to clicking in one column, filter the information in my second panel

My second panel is this one:

Second PanelSecond Panel

Each column in my first panel represents a response time range that I want to add as a condition in my second panel.

So, if the user click in the first column, the list of transactions in the second panel should show only transaction which response time is between 0 and 100 ms, if the user clicks in the second columns, the second panel should show transactions between 100 and 500 ms, and so on....

I hope with this my question will be clear

Thanks in advance!!!

Regards!!

0 Karma

ITWhisperer
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust

Much clearer - the first panel is a column chart (not mentioned or shown originally) - when you click on a column in the column chart, the value from the x-axis is $click.name$

Since you have already converted the x-axis values to "meaningful" values, you will need to reverse the conversion to create tokens representing the upper and lower bounds of the response times you want included in the second panel (a table). You might be able to do this in the latest version of Dashboard Studio, but you can easily do this in Classic Dashboards.

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

.conf24 | Registration Open!

Hello, hello! I come bearing good news: Registration for .conf24 is now open!   conf is Splunk’s rad annual ...

ICYMI - Check out the latest releases of Splunk Edge Processor

Splunk is pleased to announce the latest enhancements to Splunk Edge Processor.  HEC Receiver authorization ...

Introducing the 2024 SplunkTrust!

Hello, Splunk Community! We are beyond thrilled to announce our newest group of SplunkTrust members!  The ...