Dashboards & Visualizations

How do I enable mouse hover feature in Dashboard Studio?

TrangCIC81
Communicator

Hello,

How can I enable mouse hover feature on column chart to show its data in Dashboard Studio? I have been searching for an answer but haven't found anything work.

Many thanks,

TrangCIC81_0-1702967422593.png

index=web AND uri_path!="*.nsf*" AND uri_path!="*:443"
| timechart span=1d dc(src_ip) by src_ip limit=0

Labels (3)
0 Karma

TrangCIC81
Communicator

Btw, I have created the same search but in classic dashboard. It shows the results with this warning.

"These results may be truncated. Your search generated too much data for the current visualization configuration. "
and it is indeed truncating the number of results.

I have been trying to change the default setting of the "charting.chart.resultTruncationLimit" and "charting.data.count" property (added them in the search query) but it does not increase the number of data. Is there anyway to make it show all the data in the classic dashboard? 

https://docs.splunk.com/Documentation/Splunk/9.0.4/Viz/ChartDisplayissues?ref=hk#Search_result_trunc...

TrangCIC81_0-1702977405510.png

<option name="charting.chart.stackMode">stacked</option>
        <option name="charting.chart.resultTruncationLimit">500000</option>
        <option name="charting.data.count">100000</option>
        <option name="charting.drilldown">none</option>

0 Karma

TrangCIC81
Communicator

I just got the reason why it did not show mouse hover. 
The "View" option makes it work but I had been viewing it in the edit view. Very confusing!

TrangCIC81_0-1702975918285.png

0 Karma

ITWhisperer
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust

Yes, it doesn't work in edit mode (which is not surprising!)

0 Karma

TrangCIC81
Communicator

Ohh I know it is weird but it did not show for the whole time until just now I tried to mouse hover again and it came out. I guess it is because of a long delay in display? Thank you by the way.

0 Karma

ITWhisperer
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust

It already has mouse hover, at least in the version I am using. Which version of Splunk are you using?

TrangCIC81
Communicator

Splunk Enterprise 9.0.4

It does not show when I mouse hover 

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Troubleshooting the OpenTelemetry Collector

In this tech talk, you’ll learn how to troubleshoot the OpenTelemetry collector - from checking the ...

Adoption of Infrastructure Monitoring at Splunk

Splunk's Growth Engineering team showcases one of their first Splunk product adoption-Splunk Infrastructure ...

Modern way of developing distributed application using OTel

Recently, I had the opportunity to work on a complex microservice using Spring boot and Quarkus to develop a ...