Dashboards & Visualizations

How can we disable the default dashboard from displaying on the Splunk home page?

splunker9999
Path Finder

Hi ,

Can someone please advise on how to disable the default dashboard from displaying on the Splunk home page? is there a way to do this?

Thanks

0 Karma

somesoni2
Revered Legend

If you've access to server (search Head) file system, you can use the following.

There is a user-prefs app available in users ($SPLUNK_HOME/etc/users/YourUserName/user-prefs) , and a configuration file called user-prefs.conf available under local folder. You can just remove property display.page.home.dashboardId in user-prefs.conf to clear the default dashboard:

[general]
 display.page.home.dashboardId = /servicesNS/nobody/launcher/data/ui/views/Default_Homepage

sabiccsc

how to make this changes to be reflected with out restart

0 Karma

muebel
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust

Hi Splunker9999, each app has a default view. A splunk installation has the "launcher" app set as the default app. You can change this to a different default app, with a different default view if you want, as described in the answer here : https://answers.splunk.com/answers/79581/set-default-app-by-role.html

Please let me know if that answers your question! 😄

0 Karma

ngatchasandra
Builder

Hi splunker9999,
Try to follow the link

https://answers.splunk.com/answers/6505/how-to-make-my-custom-dashboard-the-default-screen-when-user...

I think is that you want!!

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Built-in Service Level Objectives Management to Bridge the Gap Between Service & ...

Wednesday, May 29, 2024  |  11AM PST / 2PM ESTRegister now and join us to learn more about how you can ...

Get Your Exclusive Splunk Certified Cybersecurity Defense Engineer at Splunk .conf24 ...

We’re excited to announce a new Splunk certification exam being released at .conf24! If you’re headed to Vegas ...

Share Your Ideas & Meet the Lantern team at .Conf! Plus All of This Month’s New ...

Splunk Lantern is Splunk’s customer success center that provides advice from Splunk experts on valuable data ...