Dashboards & Visualizations

How can I customize the Launcher app?

IT_Bullgod
Splunk Employee
Splunk Employee

I want to have Launcher show only a subset of the apps based on login role. Same for the tabs - certain users should not see all the tabs. Is this possible?

Tags (2)
0 Karma

gkanapathy
Splunk Employee
Splunk Employee

in fact the launcher only displays apps to users in roles that have read access to the particular app.

if a tab references directly to a view, it will only display if the user has read access to the view, but if it's a collection, it will display regardless (I believe, even if the collection is empty).

0 Karma

IT_Bullgod
Splunk Employee
Splunk Employee

Everything you say here is true, except for the app called launcher. Launcher uses two html files with hard coded links to data inputs, getting started and the manager modules. It seems impossible to modify launcher in the same way as every other app - by editing the XML in nav, because there is no default.xml to modify. The only way I've been able to customize the launcher app navigation controls is by modifying the links in sb.html and launcher.html. If someone has found a better way, please let me know.

0 Karma

mayler
Path Finder

Well, I looked around a little and it seems that you can do a few things in Manager, User Interface...but it looks like you need to bust out some XML. There must be an easier way.

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Index This | I am a number, but when you add ‘G’ to me, I go away. What number am I?

March 2024 Edition Hayyy Splunk Education Enthusiasts and the Eternally Curious!  We’re back with another ...

What’s New in Splunk App for PCI Compliance 5.3.1?

The Splunk App for PCI Compliance allows customers to extend the power of their existing Splunk solution with ...

Extending Observability Content to Splunk Cloud

Register to join us !   In this Extending Observability Content to Splunk Cloud Tech Talk, you'll see how to ...