Dashboards & Visualizations

Historical data required

priya0709
Path Finder

How can access all historical reports in splunk. My requirement is to prepare a visualization for last 30 days report data. 

Labels (1)
0 Karma
1 Solution

ITWhisperer
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust

You might want to consider setting up summary indexes - for example, based on a daily search, then you can base your dashboard on searches of this index rather than having to keep all your raw data. Depending on space availability, you could keep the summary indexes for a lot longer than the raw data but still get useful information out of them such as comparing your current daily counts against daily counts from last week/month/year etc. Obviously, you need to consider which information to keep in your summary index, but it is likely to be a lot smaller than your raw data.

View solution in original post

ITWhisperer
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust

You might want to consider setting up summary indexes - for example, based on a daily search, then you can base your dashboard on searches of this index rather than having to keep all your raw data. Depending on space availability, you could keep the summary indexes for a lot longer than the raw data but still get useful information out of them such as comparing your current daily counts against daily counts from last week/month/year etc. Obviously, you need to consider which information to keep in your summary index, but it is likely to be a lot smaller than your raw data.

thambisetty
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust

index=_audit will have all the searches dispatched. Could be saved searches or ad-hoc searches.

————————————
If this helps, give a like below.
0 Karma

priya0709
Path Finder

Will this also provide instances of a particular report I have scheduled?? (daily instance of report) which I will accumulate to prepare a 30.days dashboard? 

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

ICYMI - Check out the latest releases of Splunk Edge Processor

Splunk is pleased to announce the latest enhancements to Splunk Edge Processor.  HEC Receiver authorization ...

Introducing the 2024 SplunkTrust!

Hello, Splunk Community! We are beyond thrilled to announce our newest group of SplunkTrust members!  The ...

Introducing the 2024 Splunk MVPs!

We are excited to announce the 2024 cohort of the Splunk MVP program. Splunk MVPs are passionate members of ...