Dashboards & Visualizations

Get the last _raw events - JSON file

rafamss
Contributor

Hi crew,

I have a JSON file from Vulnerability services generated one time per hour, and I just needed to get the last _raw event. How is it possible? I want to show the data from the last 7 or 15 days using this condiction.

rafamss_0-1607713061316.png

| rename Issues{}.details AS details Issues{}.file AS file Issues{}.severity AS severity Issues{}.confidence AS confidence Issues{}.line AS line
| eval tempField=mvzip(mvzip(mvzip(mvzip(details, file), severity), confidence), line)
| stats count by _time, service, source, tempField
| eval details=mvindex(split(tempField,","),0), file=mvindex(split(tempField,","),1), severity=mvindex(split(tempField,","),2), confidence=mvindex(split(tempField,","),3), line=mvindex(split(tempField, ","),4)
| stats max(_time) AS latest, count AS Issues by _time, severity
| sort - _time

Labels (1)
Tags (4)
0 Karma
1 Solution

rafamss
Contributor

Well, crew! Splunk showed the two latest events, so I followed a tip to send these events to a lookup table and use this lookup table to transform and present the data! It's working fine and with good performance. Thank you all.

View solution in original post

0 Karma

rafamss
Contributor

Well, crew! Splunk showed the two latest events, so I followed a tip to send these events to a lookup table and use this lookup table to transform and present the data! It's working fine and with good performance. Thank you all.

0 Karma

dmarling
Builder

If you just want the latest _raw value in a time period you can just use latest(_raw) in your stats.  Here's an example:

| rename Issues{}.details AS details Issues{}.file AS file Issues{}.severity AS severity Issues{}.confidence AS confidence Issues{}.line AS line
| eval tempField=mvzip(mvzip(mvzip(mvzip(details, file), severity), confidence), line)
| stats count latest(_raw) as example by _time, service, source, tempField
| eval details=mvindex(split(tempField,","),0), file=mvindex(split(tempField,","),1), severity=mvindex(split(tempField,","),2), confidence=mvindex(split(tempField,","),3), line=mvindex(split(tempField, ","),4)
| stats max(_time) AS latest, count AS Issues latest(example) as example by _time, severity
| sort - _time
If this comment/answer was helpful, please up vote it. Thank you.
0 Karma

nickhills
Ultra Champion

Your question is not totally clear, but I wonder if you mean "Can I also display the vulnerability details"?

In which case you could try replacing the last stats with:

| stats max(_time) AS latest, count AS Issues by _time, severity, details

or 

| stats max(_time) AS latest, count AS Issues by _time, severity, details, file, line

if you want all the fields 

If my comment helps, please give it a thumbs up!
0 Karma

to4kawa
Ultra Champion

What's _raw event?

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Introducing the 2024 SplunkTrust!

Hello, Splunk Community! We are beyond thrilled to announce our newest group of SplunkTrust members!  The ...

Introducing the 2024 Splunk MVPs!

We are excited to announce the 2024 cohort of the Splunk MVP program. Splunk MVPs are passionate members of ...

Splunk Custom Visualizations App End of Life

The Splunk Custom Visualizations apps End of Life for SimpleXML will reach end of support on Dec 21, 2024, ...