Dashboards & Visualizations

Form/Dashboard token for search

willsy
Communicator

Hello, i have what i believe is a basic search and what should work however it doesnt seem to display anything when i search for it.

Effectively what i want it to do is, when you type in X number that will pass into the search as X_token and then search for the number you have just input. could i have some guidance on this please.

Covid_19

<input type="text" token="X_token" searchWhenChanged="false">
  <label>Enter X number for individual information</label>
</input>

<panel>
  <table>
    <search>
      <query>index=* $X_token$  | table "X number" "First Name" Surname "Mobile Number"  Cell Role</query>
      <earliest>-7d@h</earliest>
      <latest>now</latest>
    </search>
    <option name="drilldown">none</option>
    <option name="refresh.display">progressbar</option>
  </table>
</panel>
0 Karma

richgalloway
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust

Have you tested the query in the Search & Reporting app by replacing X_token with a number?
BTW, index=* is poor form.

---
If this reply helps you, Karma would be appreciated.
0 Karma

willsy
Communicator

hello, i have yes, the main reason for the index=* is for obfuscation whilst i asked the question, hence X_number and X_token again. I believe i have found out what is causing it, although i do not know the fix for it.

If i complete the search in "fast mode" i get no results, which is by deafult what dashbaords are set up for. so i believe i have to set the dashbaord up to search in verbose mode. OR ammend the search query

0 Karma

richgalloway
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust

Fast mode means fields are not extracted automatically at search time so you'll only see index-time fields and those explicitly extracted by the search.

---
If this reply helps you, Karma would be appreciated.
0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Welcome to the Splunk Community!

(view in My Videos) We're so glad you're here! The Splunk Community is place to connect, learn, give back, and ...

Tech Talk | Elevating Digital Service Excellence: The Synergy of Splunk RUM & APM

Elevating Digital Service Excellence: The Synergy of Real User Monitoring and Application Performance ...

Adoption of RUM and APM at Splunk

Unleash the power of Splunk Observability   Watch Now In this can't miss Tech Talk! The Splunk Growth ...