Dashboards & Visualizations

Drop Down list using populating search in 6.1

sanurd
Path Finder

Hello,

I have been using Splunk 6.0.2 version with my App and all was well. I upgraded my Splunk to 6.1 and i noticed the drop down list using populating search is missing a very useful feature that was there in past versions.

In 6.0.2, when I had many listings under the dropdown list, I would get a text box on top where the user can input text and the drop down list will filter based on this input. This key feature seem to be missing with default options. I was wondering if there is any other options to bring back this useful feature.

Thanks

Tags (2)

sanurd
Path Finder

Thanks for the update. I am glad to hear that this will be fixed.

0 Karma

musskopf
Builder

Here a feedback from Splunk Support:

====
Hi Musskopf,

I just wanted to let you know that this issue has been fixed in development. The functionality will return in 6.1.4 when that is released.

Best Regards,

Louis Agnone

Splunk Support

piebob
Splunk Employee
Splunk Employee

hey folks: i'm afraid this fix did not actually make the cut for 6.1.4 or 6.1.5. it's currently targeted for 6.1.6, but i have to be clear here: unfortunately, we can never guarantee that a given fix will make it into a given release--it's always possible that a more urgent issue will force us to reprioritize the list. i apologize that Louis did not make this clear in his response.

it is, however, fixed in 6.2, which has already shipped. thanks for your patience.

0 Karma

musskopf
Builder

+1, I'm missing that little "search filter" to the drop-down list items.

0 Karma

rsennett_splunk
Splunk Employee
Splunk Employee

In 6.1 you have the "Edit Inputs" option when you ware editing a Dashboard... one of the inputs options is a multiselect dropdown... that's what you want.

Here's the step by step doc:
http://docs.splunk.com/Documentation/Splunk/6.1.1/Viz/FormEditor#Specify_choices_for_inputs_that_acc...

With Splunk... the answer is always "YES!". It just might require more regex than you're prepared for!

joebensimo
Path Finder

I have this problem too. Switching to multi-select will require I change hundreds of queries on dozens of dashboards -- and give users the option of doing things they should not do: select multiple items in cases they should only select one.

MuS
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust

this answer is perfect and works like a charm, one simply has to follow the docs and it will work - thanks

pembleton
Path Finder

I really really want need this one too!!!

0 Karma

jameshgibson
Path Finder

agreed this was a nice feature

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Index This | I am a number, but when you add ‘G’ to me, I go away. What number am I?

March 2024 Edition Hayyy Splunk Education Enthusiasts and the Eternally Curious!  We’re back with another ...

What’s New in Splunk App for PCI Compliance 5.3.1?

The Splunk App for PCI Compliance allows customers to extend the power of their existing Splunk solution with ...

Extending Observability Content to Splunk Cloud

Register to join us !   In this Extending Observability Content to Splunk Cloud Tech Talk, you'll see how to ...