Dashboards & Visualizations

Dashboard Studio and Relative Timing Presets

splunkernator
Path Finder

Howdy Splunkers!

WARNING: NEWBIE

I was after a preset drop down, and I'm after something more 'splunkonic' on the dashboard studio.

Classic dashboards seem to come with the convenience of the relative timeset and so on: really useful.  Dashboard Studio is quite nice and after head scratching I wanted feature parity.

So to either completely substitute the queryParameters dictionary with a bunch of drop downs - or create an object like this:

"queryParameters": {
"earliest": "$query.earliest_time$",
"latest": "$query.latest_time$"
}

If I was using python Id create a class or just insert a dict - how is everyone else managing?  Currently I have a ealiest_time input and a latest_time input drop down and substitute he values of the keys above:

"queryParameters": {
"earliest": "$earliest_time$",
"latest": "$latest_time$"
}

Labels (1)
0 Karma

ITWhisperer
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust

I am not entirely sure what you are asking for - Studio already has a timepicker dropdown input - does this not satisfy your needs?

0 Karma

splunkernator
Path Finder

couldnt see where to use that so I created two drop downs and put 

Time Range
Currently using Start Time input
$earliest_time$ - $latest_time$

in the data definition
I can link these two variables into all graphs - couldnt find the bog standard time picker 
Tags (1)
0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Introducing the 2024 SplunkTrust!

Hello, Splunk Community! We are beyond thrilled to announce our newest group of SplunkTrust members!  The ...

Introducing the 2024 Splunk MVPs!

We are excited to announce the 2024 cohort of the Splunk MVP program. Splunk MVPs are passionate members of ...

Splunk Custom Visualizations App End of Life

The Splunk Custom Visualizations apps End of Life for SimpleXML will reach end of support on Dec 21, 2024, ...