Dashboards & Visualizations

Dashboard Pivoting to Custom Search

mjj47

I have a visual in my splunk dashboard that I want to be able to interact with. It's a timechart showing concurrent number of users on my system. When I click on the line, it brings up bunk data from my search. Can I make it so that when I click, I link to a separate search that will be more useful?

Thanks

0 Karma

Tanefo
Path Finder

hi,
This should help you to solve the problem when you click on a line, the details on your selection is posted below.
run this xml and see, So you can do the same thing for your Dashboard, it will correctly be necessary to make a good query.

<form>
    <label>In-Page Drilldown with Perma-linking</label>

<fieldset submitButton="false">
        <!--
            Create an input to store the drilldown value. It will be hidden using custom javascript when
            the dashboard is loaded.
         -->
        <input type="text" token="sourcetype" searchWhenChanged="true" />
    </fieldset>

<row>
        <table id="master">
            <title>Master</title>
            <searchString>index=_internal | stats count by sourcetype</searchString>
            <earliestTime>-60m@m</earliestTime>
            <latestTime>now</latestTime>
            <!-- Set the type of of drilldown, since we will always consume the same field, use row-->
            <option name="drilldown">row</option>
            <drilldown>
                <!-- Use set to specify the new token to be created.
                     Use any token from the page or from the click event to produce the value needed. -->
                <set token="sourcetype">$row.sourcetype$</set>
                <!-- If we also set the form.sourcetype the input will get updated too -->
                <set token="form.sourcetype">$row.sourcetype$</set>
            </drilldown>
        </table>
    </row>

<row>
        <!-- depends is the way we tell the content to only show when the token has a value.
             Hint: use comma separated values if the element requires more than one token. -->
        <chart id="detail" depends="$sourcetype$">
            <title>Detail: $sourcetype$</title>
            <searchTemplate>index=_internal sourcetype=$sourcetype$ | timechart count</searchTemplate>
            <earliestTime>-60m@m</earliestTime>
            <latestTime>now</latestTime>
        </chart>
    </row>
0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

.conf24 | Registration Open!

Hello, hello! I come bearing good news: Registration for .conf24 is now open!   conf is Splunk’s rad annual ...

Splunk is officially part of Cisco

Revolutionizing how our customers build resilience across their entire digital footprint.   Splunk ...

Splunk APM & RUM | Planned Maintenance March 26 - March 28, 2024

There will be planned maintenance for Splunk APM and RUM between March 26, 2024 and March 28, 2024 as ...