Dashboards & Visualizations

How to create a sparkline in Splunk 6.0.5 that counts the amount of daily errors in Splunk?

markthompson
Builder

Hello,
I'm trying to create a sparkline that counts the amount of errors on a daily basis, using the keyword "Error", and then putting that onto a sparkline.

Please can you provide assistance.

index=my_index host=my_host "Error" | chart count sparkline(count, 1h) as trend by host | sort -count

Thanks

Tags (2)
1 Solution

fdi01
Motivator
index=my_index host=my_host "Error" | chart count sparkline(count, 1h) as trend by host | sort -count  

This command is correct but does not do the work that you request, because it counts the number of events in which we find the word "Error" at least once; but its not giving any error such as errors of access with code "status = 404".
so if you have a field "status" gives error codes that the na tu precisser like this:

index=my_index host=my_host  (status=4* OR status=5*)| chart count sparkline(count, 1h) as trend by host | sort -count  

or

index=my_index host=my_host  (status=4* OR status=5* OR field_name="ERROR") | chart count sparkline(count, 1h) as trend by host | sort -count

View solution in original post

fdi01
Motivator

This command is correct but does not do the work that you request, because it counts the number of events in which we find the word "Error" at least once; but its not giving any error such as errors of access with code "status = 404".
so if you have a field "status" gives error codes that the na tu precisser like this:

index=my_index host=my_host  (status=4* OR status=5*)| chart count sparkline(count, 1h) as trend by host | sort -count  

or

index=my_index host=my_host  (status=4* OR status=5* OR field_name="ERROR") | chart count sparkline(count, 1h) as trend by host | sort -count
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

.conf24 | Registration Open!

Hello, hello! I come bearing good news: Registration for .conf24 is now open!   conf is Splunk’s rad annual ...

Splunk is officially part of Cisco

Revolutionizing how our customers build resilience across their entire digital footprint.   Splunk ...

Splunk APM & RUM | Planned Maintenance March 26 - March 28, 2024

There will be planned maintenance for Splunk APM and RUM between March 26, 2024 and March 28, 2024 as ...