Dashboards & Visualizations

Dashboard Help

hartfoml
Motivator

I have a dashboard with multiple graphs based on the WMI info from one system. I am putting the WMI info in a selected index and only the systems that I am monitoring with the specific WMI counters are in that index.

I would like to change all the searches in search graphs in the dashboard by selecting a host name from a pull down list.

I am on version 4.2.5 do I need to have a developer do this or do I have to wait till 4.3 comes out to get this kind of dashboard functions as a beginner.

Tags (1)
0 Karma

wwhitener
Communicator

This type of thing is also illustrated in the UI Examples. It's using the Advanced XML--but at least it's native Splunk stuff.

_d_
Splunk Employee
Splunk Employee

The easiest way to do this is by using Sideview Utils app. You can get the app here: http://splunk-base.splunk.com/apps/36405/sideview-utils. Install it and check out the examples with under Key Techniques: Pulldown static/dynamic content.

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Extending Observability Content to Splunk Cloud

Watch Now!   In this Extending Observability Content to Splunk Cloud Tech Talk, you'll see how to leverage ...

More Control Over Your Monitoring Costs with Archived Metrics!

What if there was a way you could keep all the metrics data you need while saving on storage costs?This is now ...

New in Observability Cloud - Explicit Bucket Histograms

Splunk introduces native support for histograms as a metric data type within Observability Cloud with Explicit ...