Dashboards & Visualizations

Custom app banner logo css bug fix for Internet Explorer

Lucas_K
Motivator

As the Splunk bug fix url doesn't work anymore, I might as well post here.

Bug manifests as a logo banner that is stretched across the width of the navigation bar. This only occurs in Internet Explorer.

File: /opt/splunk/share/splunk/search_mrsparkle/exposed/css/build/bootstrap.min.css
Seems to have been a typo in which a "\9" was inserted after the normal auto value.

Line 7 .

Find

auto\9

Replace with

auto

Restart splunk.

0 Karma
1 Solution

Lucas_K
Motivator

The fix

File: /opt/splunk/share/splunk/search_mrsparkle/exposed/css/build/bootstrap.min.css
Reason: Seems to have been a typo in which a "\9" was inserted after the normal auto value.

Line 7 .

Find

auto\9

Replace with

auto

Restart splunk.

View solution in original post

Lucas_K
Motivator

The fix

Reason: Seems to have been a typo in which a "\9" was inserted after the normal auto value.

Line 7 .

Find

auto\9

Replace with

auto

Restart splunk.

ppablo
Retired

Hi there @Lucas+K

Thanks for sharing this fix with the community. Would you be able to post the solution as an answer below and accept it to resolve the post? Otherwise, this will float around appearing to have no solution. I'll upvote once you do 🙂

Also, which bug fix URL are you referring to exactly? Could you share that here in a comment? I'll try to get someone to take a look into that.

Cheers
Patrick

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

.conf24 | Registration Open!

Hello, hello! I come bearing good news: Registration for .conf24 is now open!   conf is Splunk’s rad annual ...

Splunk is officially part of Cisco

Revolutionizing how our customers build resilience across their entire digital footprint.   Splunk ...

Splunk APM & RUM | Planned Maintenance March 26 - March 28, 2024

There will be planned maintenance for Splunk APM and RUM between March 26, 2024 and March 28, 2024 as ...