Dashboards & Visualizations

Creating a dashboard tab to redirect

Strangertinz
Path Finder

Hi, 

Is it possible to create a tab on a dashboard while also creating a redirection to a new dashboard when the tab is clicked without having to click the clone the dashboard.

Thanks in advance! 

Labels (5)
0 Karma

Strangertinz
Path Finder

@bowesmana 

Sure thing, I have 2 problems.
1st
I would like to add more than one page to my dashboard. So I want a single dashboard page where I have multiple pages organized similarly to tabs on a browser. 

2nd
I would like one of the tabs on the same page will redirect the page to another splunk dashboard in a different app. This is why I am asking to know if It is possible or if I will have to clone the dashboard into one of the tabs. 

Thanks!

0 Karma

bowesmana
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust

See this app for an example of making tabs using the splunk linked list input type.

https://splunkbase.splunk.com/app/5256

You can use simple html links in an <html> panel to do whatever you need, you cannot directly put a link in one of the tabs using the technique above

0 Karma

bowesmana
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust

Can you explain in more words - cloning dashboards and drilldown to new dashboards are different things

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

.conf24 | Day 0

Hello Splunk Community! My name is Chris, and I'm based in Canberra, Australia's capital, and I travelled for ...

Enhance Security Visibility with Splunk Enterprise Security 7.1 through Threat ...

(view in My Videos)Struggling with alert fatigue, lack of context, and prioritization around security ...

Troubleshooting the OpenTelemetry Collector

In this tech talk, you’ll learn how to troubleshoot the OpenTelemetry collector - from checking the ...