Dashboards & Visualizations

Creating a dashboard tab to redirect

Strangertinz
Path Finder

Hi, 

Is it possible to create a tab on a dashboard while also creating a redirection to a new dashboard when the tab is clicked without having to click the clone the dashboard.

Thanks in advance! 

Labels (5)
0 Karma

Strangertinz
Path Finder

@bowesmana 

Sure thing, I have 2 problems.
1st
I would like to add more than one page to my dashboard. So I want a single dashboard page where I have multiple pages organized similarly to tabs on a browser. 

2nd
I would like one of the tabs on the same page will redirect the page to another splunk dashboard in a different app. This is why I am asking to know if It is possible or if I will have to clone the dashboard into one of the tabs. 

Thanks!

0 Karma

bowesmana
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust

See this app for an example of making tabs using the splunk linked list input type.

https://splunkbase.splunk.com/app/5256

You can use simple html links in an <html> panel to do whatever you need, you cannot directly put a link in one of the tabs using the technique above

0 Karma

bowesmana
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust

Can you explain in more words - cloning dashboards and drilldown to new dashboards are different things

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Accelerate Service Onboarding, Decomposition, Troubleshooting - and more with ITSI’s ...

Accelerate Service Onboarding, Decomposition, Troubleshooting - and more! Faster Time to ValueManaging and ...

New Release | Splunk Enterprise 9.3

Admins and Analyst can benefit from:  Seamlessly route data to your local file system to save on storage ...

2024 Splunk Career Impact Survey | Earn a $20 gift card for participating!

Hear ye, hear ye! The time has come again for Splunk's annual Career Impact Survey!  We need your help by ...