Dashboards & Visualizations

Could someone tell me the key difference between dashboard Studio vs Glass Table?

youngsuh
Contributor

Could Someone tell me the key difference between dashboard Studio vs Glass Table?  Where is Splunk headed with these two products? or are the two different products?   

Additional question, could you explain what visualization would be tabs in Dashboard Studio or Glass Table?  reference to categories/segmenting the viz would be appreciated with these types of dashboards.

Tags (1)
0 Karma
1 Solution

richgalloway
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust

The key difference is Glass Table is a feature within ITSI (and ES, IIRC) and only useable there.  Dashboard Studio is part of core Splunk so it can be used in any app.  It's been a long time since I've used GT, but I believe the capabilities are exceeded by Studio.

I'm not sure what you mean by visualization and tabs.

---
If this reply helps you, Karma would be appreciated.

View solution in original post

richgalloway
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust

The key difference is Glass Table is a feature within ITSI (and ES, IIRC) and only useable there.  Dashboard Studio is part of core Splunk so it can be used in any app.  It's been a long time since I've used GT, but I believe the capabilities are exceeded by Studio.

I'm not sure what you mean by visualization and tabs.

---

youngsuh
Contributor

Studio is better, correct?  About spent some time learning but, don't wanted to be waste of time.

0 Karma

richgalloway
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust

Yes, Studio is better, IMO.  There are some similarities so learning Dashboard Studio will help with Glass Tables.

---
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

.conf24 | Registration Open!

Hello, hello! I come bearing good news: Registration for .conf24 is now open!   conf is Splunk’s rad annual ...

Splunk is officially part of Cisco

Revolutionizing how our customers build resilience across their entire digital footprint.   Splunk ...

Splunk APM & RUM | Planned Maintenance March 26 - March 28, 2024

There will be planned maintenance for Splunk APM and RUM between March 26, 2024 and March 28, 2024 as ...