Dashboards & Visualizations

Convert to HTML not working when setting and unsetting tokens through drilldown

thomill
Explorer

I'm facing an issue where after configuring a drilldown to set one token and unset another, I'm unable to convert the dashboard to HTML. I can convert the dashboard if I am only either setting or unsetting a token. When I configure a to panel to do both, the Convert to HTML button becomes unresponsive. Looking at the console, when clicking Convert to HTML I receive a 500 Internal Server Error from /converttohtml.

Is this a known limitation to HTML conversion or unexpected behavior?

0 Karma

anthonymelita
Contributor

Does this mean you solved your issue?
I just upgraded from 7.3.3 to 8.0.5 and have a dashboard I can no longer convert to HTML.

0 Karma

niketn
Legend

@anthonymelita any specific reason for conversion to HTML dashboard? Can you not use Simple XML Extensions (JS+CSS_ for the same?

anthonymelita
Contributor

Our dashboard is basically html to begin with. The whole thing is a bunch of token filled tables over an SVG, and it has css in-line, which a Splunk update broke back in 7.2 something iirc. The XML used to render just fine before then.

why_html.png

0 Karma

thomill
Explorer

I had to change my drilldown configuration to only set a token, then I was able to convert the dashboard to HTML. After converting to HTML I was able to add back in the functionality to unset another token without any issues.

thomill
Explorer

Unfortunately I have very specific UI requirements outside of the visualizations that require using HTML dashboards.

I was able to see how it worked by separating the functionality I was exporting. Good to know that we can handle it through JS. I'm quite a novice there so I'm often creating the functionality in Simple XML and seeing how it is changed by export.

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

More Ways To Control Your Costs With Archived Metrics | Register for Tech Talk

Tuesday, May 14, 2024  |  11AM PT / 2PM ET Register to Attend Join us for this Tech Talk and learn how to ...

.conf24 | Personalize your .conf experience with Learning Paths!

Personalize your .conf24 Experience Learning paths allow you to level up your skill sets and dive deeper ...

Threat Hunting Unlocked: How to Uplevel Your Threat Hunting With the PEAK Framework ...

WATCH NOWAs AI starts tackling low level alerts, it's more critical than ever to uplevel your threat hunting ...