Dashboards & Visualizations

Can't login via Splunk Javascript API

narabhut
Explorer

I have a local install of Splunk with default login details (username: admin, password: changeme) and I'm trying to run the examples provided by the Javascript SDK, and I get a 500 Internal Server Error upon login. I am sending a POST request to http:// localhost:6969 /proxy/services/auth/login?output_mode=json and I get this as a response -

{"d":{"__messages":[{"type":"ERROR","text":"Proxy Error","code":"PROXY"}]}}

Both the Node server and Splunk are running on a Xubuntu VM, if that matters. What am I doing wrong?

0 Karma

Neeraj_Luthra
Splunk Employee
Splunk Employee

We are working on a fix and will have a new version of the JS SDK out soon. I dont know of any workaround. If you can downgrade, it should work with 0.8 without issues.

0 Karma

arathig
Explorer

Any update on this? i am using latest JS SDK on Mac

0 Karma

narabhut
Explorer

Newest version of Node from official repo so 0.10.12. Is there a way around it?

0 Karma

Neeraj_Luthra
Splunk Employee
Splunk Employee

What version of Splunk and Node are you running? Keep in mind that there is a known issue with 0.10 version of Node.

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Webinar Recap | Revolutionizing IT Operations: The Transformative Power of AI and ML ...

The Transformative Power of AI and ML in Enhancing Observability   In the realm of IT operations, the ...

.conf24 | Registration Open!

Hello, hello! I come bearing good news: Registration for .conf24 is now open!   conf is Splunk’s rad annual ...

ICYMI - Check out the latest releases of Splunk Edge Processor

Splunk is pleased to announce the latest enhancements to Splunk Edge Processor.  HEC Receiver authorization ...