Community

Learn, Give Back, Have Fun

Our community members come from around the globe and all walks of life to learn, get inspired, share knowledge and have fun.

944 Online Now 118K Discussions 50K Solutions
Community Activity
cafissimo
Hello, please, I would like to know if the SEDCMD command is able to change metadata values like host, source and sou...
by cafissimo Communicator in Splunk Search 10-04-2010
1 1
Starlette
Hello, I have a syslogNG with a forwader to splunkindexer, the syslogNG contains 1000+ hosts Default this will be a ...
by Starlette Contributor in Getting Data In 10-04-2010
2 2
highiqboy
I have log files from a custom app we wrote that is entirely in hex. To splunk it, I understand I might be able to c...
by highiqboy Explorer in Getting Data In 10-03-2010
2 1
the_wolverine
I have a special user (her name is "dashboard") that needs a session timeout of 0. Is it possible to set no timeout ...
by the_wolverine Champion in Getting Data In 10-03-2010
3 2
kimthostrup
I do not see anything in my dashboard  /Kim
by kimthostrup New Member in Installation 10-02-2010
0 7
hoffmandirt
How do you apply a background image to a Splunk chart? I can set a background color for the chart using CSS, but not ...
by hoffmandirt Explorer in Dashboards & Visualizations 10-02-2010
1 1
melonman
Hi there, I need to re-index some data. In inputs.conf, host_segment parameter is configured as follows: host_segm...
by melonman Motivator in Archive 10-02-2010
1 8
dclick
Hello all - I am in the process of evaluating Splunk (for windows), and found the Cisco ASA and Pix Firewall addon...
by dclick New Member in Getting Data In 10-01-2010
0 8
carmackd
Can someone please help me with a regex to extract the host name from a filename. I've got two different file naming...
by carmackd Communicator in Splunk Search 10-01-2010
0 2
Branden
This is a tricky one (or is it?)... I have indexed Splunk data that looks like this (using multikv): device_name ...
by Branden Builder in Reporting 10-01-2010
1 22
Latest from the Blog

BSides Splunk Conference 2021 (May 3rd & 4th)

Share in the consumption of highly technical Splunk learnings on May 3rd and 4th for the BSides Splunk 2021 Conference, where you'll get access to con

in Community Blog Friday
1 Karma
5 Replies

Call For Volunteers: Help Us Decide What Makes the .conf21 Stage!

I have heard it said that with great power… comes great responsibility. 

Well, get ready Splunk Community… because we’re giving you the power to hel

in Community Blog Wednesday
0 Karma
1 Replies

Dungeons & Data Monsters: Splunk O11y Day Edition!

The Community is THRILLED to announce the next exciting edition of Dungeons & Data Monsters: Splunk O11y Day Edition… coming to you the week of 5/3!

in Community Blog a week ago
6 Karma
10 Replies