Community Blog
Get the latest updates on the Splunk Community, including member experiences, product education, events, and more!

.conf23 | Get Your Cybersecurity Defense Analyst Certification in Vegas

cskokos_splunk
Splunk Employee
Splunk Employee

We’re excited to announce a new Splunk certification exam being released at .conf23! If you’re going to Las Vegas for Splunk .conf23, this is your exclusive opportunity to be one of the first to take the new Splunk Certified Cybersecurity Defense Analyst (CDA) exam. And if you’re not registered to go yet, maybe earning this coveted certification is just the incentive you need!

Get Started as a SOC Analyst

Validate your security defense skills and become a Splunk Certified CDA. This is a beta exam, so it’s FREE to register and only available at .conf23 in Las Vegas from July 17 through July 20, 2023. Seating is limited and is on a first-come, first-served basis. Secure your spot today!

cskokos_splunk_0-1682381463930.png

Take Discounted Certification Exams in Vegas

Oh, and while you’re with us in Vegas, you can also take any Splunk certification exam with Pearson VUE on-site at .conf23 for only $25 (a $130 value). Can’t wait to see you there! 

Get More Information About Splunk Certification

If you’re still learning about Splunk Education and the certification exams Splunk offers, we’ve got you covered:

Hope to see you in Las Vegas with a new CDA certification under your belt! (If you can’t get to Vegas, watch for your future opportunity to take the CDA beta certification exam through PearsonVue.)  

Happy Splunking!

Callie Skokos, on behalf of the Splunk Education Crew

mjuestel2
Explorer

I enjoyed taking the beta exam. Do you have an idea when roughly the final pass / fail results will be available for this cert?

cskokos_splunk
Splunk Employee
Splunk Employee

Hi there! So glad you enjoyed the certification exam. The results are supposed to be available around September. (Fall of 2023) Hope this helps and good luck! 

Gogoligo

Hey !

Good to know the result will be available soon (hopefully).

For how long the exam is gonna be free ?

Thanks @cskokos_splunk 

gawdseyi

Hi,  @cskokos_splunk is the  Splunk Certified Cybersecurity Defense Analyst exam still free ? if yes, until when ? Thank you. 

inventsekar
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust

Hi @gawdseyi as the exam is still in beta status, the exam is still free of cost. 

sooon(i feel within a week or two) the exam will be moved out of beta(as per my understanding)

EDIT... yesterday before i wrote that above reply, i saw on the certifications portal that this exam as a beta. and today the portal says the otherwise. as updated in the before reply, the exam is out of beta status. thanks. 

gawdseyi

Hi @inventsekar I tried registering for the exam yesterday and it billed the $130, tried again today and the same thing happened. Can I then assume it's past the free beta period? or is there anything different I can do? 

cskokos_splunk
Splunk Employee
Splunk Employee

Hi @gawdseyi -- The exam is no longer in beta, so the $130 registration fee is correct. Hope you can take the exam! 

rnikam1412
Loves-to-Learn Everything

Any update on result of this exam?

cskokos_splunk
Splunk Employee
Splunk Employee

Hey rnikam1412 -- The results of the Cybersecurity Defense Analyst Certification Beta Exam should be available soon -- targeting mid-October as the timeframe for announcing results. You will receive an emailed Score Report from Pearson VUE with a pass/fail result. If you passed the exam, you will receive the certification and your digital badge, which will come from Credly (admin@credly.com).

Thank you for checking and good luck!

Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

More Ways To Control Your Costs With Archived Metrics | Register for Tech Talk

Tuesday, May 14, 2024  |  11AM PT / 2PM ET Register to Attend Join us for this Tech Talk and learn how to ...

.conf24 | Personalize your .conf experience with Learning Paths!

Personalize your .conf24 Experience Learning paths allow you to level up your skill sets and dive deeper ...

Threat Hunting Unlocked: How to Uplevel Your Threat Hunting With the PEAK Framework ...

WATCH NOWAs AI starts tackling low level alerts, it's more critical than ever to uplevel your threat hunting ...