All Apps and Add-ons

unknown module?

JasonJoel

I installed the Splunk App for Active Directory, rebooted as requested after install. If I try to open the app, though, it gives me a number of "unknown module" errors.

I am running this on the free version of Splunk 4.3 for Windows, in case that matters.

0 Karma
1 Solution

ChrisG
Splunk Employee
Splunk Employee

Be sure to check the Platform and hardware requirements topic in the documentation. It mentions Sideview; you will also need the Splunk Technology Add-on for Windows, version 4.5 or later.

View solution in original post

0 Karma

JasonJoel

You were both right! I didn't read the directions carefully enough...

I think I have it from here. Just a little more setup to do.

0 Karma

ChrisG
Splunk Employee
Splunk Employee

Be sure to check the Platform and hardware requirements topic in the documentation. It mentions Sideview; you will also need the Splunk Technology Add-on for Windows, version 4.5 or later.

0 Karma

sideview
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust

You just need to install the Sideview Utils app. You need at least the 1.3 version on Splunkbase,

http://splunk-base.splunk.com/apps/36405/sideview-utils

although you can also evaluate the new, improved, but no longer free 2.0 version by going to the Sideview site directly http://sideviewapps.com/apps/sideview-utils/ and clicking "download trial".

It's possible for client apps to detect Sideview Utils in such a way that you don't hit that barrage of "unknown module" alerts. I'll try and follow up with the developer and show them how that can be more user friendly.

Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Join Us for Splunk University and Get Your Bootcamp Game On!

If you know, you know! Splunk University is the vibe this summer so register today for bootcamps galore ...

.conf24 | Learning Tracks for Security, Observability, Platform, and Developers!

.conf24 is taking place at The Venetian in Las Vegas from June 11 - 14. Continue reading to learn about the ...

Announcing Scheduled Export GA for Dashboard Studio

We're excited to announce the general availability of Scheduled Export for Dashboard Studio. Starting in ...