All Apps and Add-ons

there any way to specify a filename containing a list of IP's rather than inputting them in comma separated format?

eliasabouhamad
Explorer

there any way to specify a filename containing a list of IP's rather than inputting them in comma separated format?

Tags (1)
0 Karma
1 Solution

Damien_Dallimor
Ultra Champion

OK , hold on here. You guys are well confusing each other.

The poster is asking about a configuration parameter of the SNMP modular Input. Not search time event enrichment (lookups).
1 of the configuration fields allows for a list of IP's of SNMP devices to poll.

This field can only take a string. It can not take a reference to a filename to read in this list from.

View solution in original post

Damien_Dallimor
Ultra Champion

OK , hold on here. You guys are well confusing each other.

The poster is asking about a configuration parameter of the SNMP modular Input. Not search time event enrichment (lookups).
1 of the configuration fields allows for a list of IP's of SNMP devices to poll.

This field can only take a string. It can not take a reference to a filename to read in this list from.

eliasabouhamad
Explorer

Damien Dallimore can you develop a new version support list of csv file ?

0 Karma

Damien_Dallimor
Ultra Champion

Not any time soon. That is why I put the code on github , so the community can collaborate.

eliasabouhamad
Explorer

tank you very match

0 Karma

jeffland
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust

Can't you use a lookup?

0 Karma

eliasabouhamad
Explorer

i dont know we need to ask Damien Dallimore

0 Karma

Damien_Dallimor
Ultra Champion

No there is not. But the source is on github if you want to fork it and perform your own customization.

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

.conf24 | Registration Open!

Hello, hello! I come bearing good news: Registration for .conf24 is now open!   conf is Splunk’s rad annual ...

ICYMI - Check out the latest releases of Splunk Edge Processor

Splunk is pleased to announce the latest enhancements to Splunk Edge Processor.  HEC Receiver authorization ...

Introducing the 2024 SplunkTrust!

Hello, Splunk Community! We are beyond thrilled to announce our newest group of SplunkTrust members!  The ...