All Apps and Add-ons

splunk on ARM platform

stkie
Engager

is there a way to run splunk on ARM platform? i got a sheevaplug running with debian armel, aggregating logs with syslog-ng.

splunk on top would be nice.

ideas?

Tags (3)
1 Solution

cwilliams_splun
Splunk Employee
Splunk Employee

Check this out...
The Universal Forwarder for ARM is a dedicated Splunk package for Linux and ARM based systems where data needs to be collected directly from devices such as the Raspberry Pi.
http://apps.splunk.com/app/1611/

Raspberry Pi is a trademark of the Raspberry Pi Foundation.

Ed
Splunk Employee
Splunk Employee

jensihnow
Path Finder

Would it be possible to update the package to latest Splunk Forwsrder?
It's now a year old... thanks!

0 Karma

gregeva
Engager

I have just sent them a request to provide ARM support in future. ARM devices are becoming more and more common (now even have amazing power conscious super dense ARM servers for the data centre).

dwaddle
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust

Today, Splunk is not compiled for the ARM CPU architecture. You could raise and enhancement request as suggested at http://splunk-base.splunk.com/answers/4844/how-can-i-submit-an-enhancement-request.

piebob
Splunk Employee
Splunk Employee

please do! we're gathering information and use cases for this. if you file an enhancement request, please include as many details as possible about your use case--do you want Raspbian on Raspberry Pi or Ubuntu on Calxeda, etc.

0 Karma

splunkben
Explorer

It looks like splunk has a armv6 (32 bit) UF available for download. I'd love to see armv8 for linux as well.

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

What's new in Splunk Cloud Platform 9.1.2312?

Hi Splunky people! We are excited to share the newest updates in Splunk Cloud Platform 9.1.2312! Analysts can ...

What’s New in Splunk Security Essentials 3.8.0?

Splunk Security Essentials (SSE) is an app that can amplify the power of your existing Splunk Cloud Platform, ...

Let’s Get You Certified – Vegas-Style at .conf24

Are you ready to level up your Splunk game? Then, let’s get you certified live at .conf24 – our annual user ...