All Apps and Add-ons

splunk integration remedy

johan
Engager

Hello, 

i´m quite new to all this.

We aim to to integrate splunk to Remedy and later on ITSI/remedy to be able to create tickets etc.  

I´ve been told from our Remedy expert that we can´t use the Splunk Add-on for BMC Remedy because.

"splunk addon seems to be built for ITSM which is a pre built module from BMC. We have a custom made"

Anyone who has any opinions/input regarding his statement?
If we´re not able to use the addon, any recommendations on how to proceed?

regards Jonte

Labels (1)
Tags (1)

Vardhan
Contributor

Hi @johan,

I have observed few things after installing and testing the Splunk Add-on for BMC Remedy with ITSI. Below is the list of my findings.​

• ​The TA can be installed and used for Ticket creation and all the functionalities are working fine.
  • The Assignee group will be taken by default by the Splunk TA. No control over the assignee group.​
  • It is because the Splunk TA WSDL Action(parameter) is using as PROCESS_EVENT for ticket creation. Whereas it supposed to be used Action as CREAT_INCIDENT for ticket creation.​
  • The CI information is not processing by TA correctly. So, we can't control the Assignee group.​

In order to proceed, you need to create the Custom Addon by using Splunk Add-on builder.

• Create a Separate WSDL and username and password in order to access Remedy.
  • And develop a script to Pass the payload in XML format to remedy.
  • Before passing the payload test the payload in the SOAP UI.

Tags (1)

pellegrini
Path Finder

Does your Remedy setup have BMC Remedy ITSM (IT Service Management module) or is it a standalone Remedy?

Johan is referring to BMC Remedy ITSM and not Splunk ITSI.

0 Karma

johan
Engager

Hello, 

thanks for a thorough answer 🙂

Will check this out. 

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Index This | I am a number, but when you add ‘G’ to me, I go away. What number am I?

March 2024 Edition Hayyy Splunk Education Enthusiasts and the Eternally Curious!  We’re back with another ...

What’s New in Splunk App for PCI Compliance 5.3.1?

The Splunk App for PCI Compliance allows customers to extend the power of their existing Splunk solution with ...

Extending Observability Content to Splunk Cloud

Register to join us !   In this Extending Observability Content to Splunk Cloud Tech Talk, you'll see how to ...