All Apps and Add-ons

remove app

gnovak
Builder

HI,

I recently upgraded to the new version of splunk (4.2) and I was experimenting with some apps. I tried installing Afterglow but decided to put it on a test server first instead of my main indexer.

I decided to delete it. I removed the entire directory from /opt/splunk/etc/apps and restarted splunk.

However it still shows up in the apps management page in splunk as "enabled". I disabled the app on this page and did a "ls" in /opt/splunk/etc/apps and the afterglow directory was back!!!

How can I delete this app? I've tried twice so far and get the same results?

Tags (2)
1 Solution

twkan
Splunk Employee
Splunk Employee

Hello,

Go to your user's directory, for example for the admin user at /opt/splunk/etc/users/admin and delete/move the Afterglow subdirectory.

View solution in original post

twkan
Splunk Employee
Splunk Employee

Hello,

Go to your user's directory, for example for the admin user at /opt/splunk/etc/users/admin and delete/move the Afterglow subdirectory.

gnovak
Builder

this worked thanks...

0 Karma

hazekamp
Builder

Have you tried stopping Splunk, removing the directory from /opt/splunk/etc/apps, and then starting Splunk back up? There could be a scripted or something else executing that puts the folder back before you get a chance to restart.

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Introducing the 2024 SplunkTrust!

Hello, Splunk Community! We are beyond thrilled to announce our newest group of SplunkTrust members!  The ...

Introducing the 2024 Splunk MVPs!

We are excited to announce the 2024 cohort of the Splunk MVP program. Splunk MVPs are passionate members of ...

Splunk Custom Visualizations App End of Life

The Splunk Custom Visualizations apps End of Life for SimpleXML will reach end of support on Dec 21, 2024, ...