All Apps and Add-ons

overriding default.css with application.css

d646800
Explorer

Hi splunk community, I am creating an app for the first time

I followed the splunk doc and placed the application.css at the $SPLUNK_HOME/etc/apps/[app]/appserver/static in the hope that it will override the default.css, but somehow the apps does not pick up the application.css. I checked the permission (not sure that's relevant) and etc. and i have also restart splunkd and splunkweb. no luck with it. did i miss anything ?

1 Solution

Ayn
Legend

Most of this stuff should be overridden by your application.css, but for the parts that need some more 'convincing', there's the !important directive you should use. This will tell the browser that this directive is important and therefore overrides other CSS directives that may otherwise apply. Like this:

.AppBar a {
    color: #f3df00 !important;
}

View solution in original post

Ayn
Legend

Most of this stuff should be overridden by your application.css, but for the parts that need some more 'convincing', there's the !important directive you should use. This will tell the browser that this directive is important and therefore overrides other CSS directives that may otherwise apply. Like this:

.AppBar a {
    color: #f3df00 !important;
}

d646800
Explorer

thanks Ayn, it works!

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Introducing the 2024 SplunkTrust!

Hello, Splunk Community! We are beyond thrilled to announce our newest group of SplunkTrust members!  The ...

Introducing the 2024 Splunk MVPs!

We are excited to announce the 2024 cohort of the Splunk MVP program. Splunk MVPs are passionate members of ...

Splunk Custom Visualizations App End of Life

The Splunk Custom Visualizations apps End of Life for SimpleXML will reach end of support on Dec 21, 2024, ...