All Apps and Add-ons

hyper v add on

braj

where do i copy this huyperv add on , i have installed universal forwarderon hyperv hosts and installed vitualization apps on splunk management .copied hyper v add on to splunk/etc/apps folder . I restarted the splunk universal forwader but when i use splunk search(splunk>apps>search)hyperv hosts are listed but nothing is showing on splunk apps for server virtualization tab.

0 Karma

jcoates_splunk
Splunk Employee
Splunk Employee

greetings from the future. I believe that downloading the supported version and following its documentation will cure all ills of this type.

0 Karma

mpsasecurity
Engager

Here's what I did to make it "work"... not sure how well it's working yet, but here goes anyway...

1. Install, configure and confirm Splunk Universal Forwarder is working on Hyper-V host (2008 R2)
  2. Download the tgz file from splunk-base.
  3. Copied tgz file to Hyper-V host (it was called TA-HyperV08-Server.tar.gz)
  4. From the Hyper-V host, ran Powershell as administrator, then ran this command> set-executionpolicy RemoteSigned
  5. Extracted tgz file. You'll see that there's a folder inside of the tgz file which is also named "TA-HyperV08-Server". The deepest folder with this name is what you want - it has folders inside of it called bin, default, local, and metadata
  6. Copied that folder called TA-HyperV08-Server to $splunk_home\etc\apps folder [for me in Windows 2008 R2, this was c:\program files\splunkuniversalforwarder\etc\apps\ ]
  7. Restarted Splunk Universal Forwarder
  8. Went to Splunk > Apps > Splunk App for Server Virtualization
  9. Saw my Hyper-V host name listed.

laura_lopez
Engager

Hi,
I have the same problem. I have set my PowerShell execution policy to RemotedSigned and even to Unrestricted but still not working. I get information from the scripts and the Generic Event Logs but nothing from the Perfmon.conf. Therefore in my indexer I have information related to the hierarchy, alarms and events but no performance at all.

0 Karma

perrydavid

managed to fix this. I added the perfmon to the inputs.conf file in the local directory and added the servervirt index to all the lines (might not be necessary), all working since.

0 Karma

perrydavid

I have the same issue, no cpu,mem,disk performance information on the hosts or VM.

0 Karma

piebob
Splunk Employee
Splunk Employee

via the developer comment on http://docs.splunk.com/Documentation/ServerVirt/latest/DeployServerVirt/Installtheaddons

"the Hyper-V addons go on the Hyper-V hosts along with the Splunk Universal Forwarder. The addon scripts use PowerShell, so make sure the PowerShell execution policy is set correctly."

braj

yes , i have restart the forwader on all hyperv hosts,

My Scenario is like this ,

Installed splunk apps for server virtualization on managemnt server

Insatalled universal forwader and copied hyper v addon on to c:/programfiles/splunkuniversalforwader/etc/apps folder all hyper v hosts ,

Restart the splunk universal forwader

when i use splunk search(splunk>apps>search)hyperv hosts are listed but nothing is showing on splunk apps for server virtualization tab.

0 Karma

ankit4817
Explorer

I have the same issue. How did you get it working?

0 Karma

martin_mueller
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust

Did you restart the forwarder after adding the apps folder?

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Introducing Splunk Enterprise 9.2

WATCH HERE! Watch this Tech Talk to learn about the latest features and enhancements shipped in the new Splunk ...

Adoption of RUM and APM at Splunk

Unleash the power of Splunk Observability   Watch Now In this can't miss Tech Talk! The Splunk Growth ...

Routing logs with Splunk OTel Collector for Kubernetes

The Splunk Distribution of the OpenTelemetry (OTel) Collector is a product that provides a way to ingest ...