All Apps and Add-ons

Why is there an event delay in Proofpoint TAP Modular Input?

marycordova
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust

Problem: Proofpoint TAP Modular Input delivers SIEM API events later than the email based TAP alerts for URL or Attachment Defense.

@marycordova
1 Solution

marycordova
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust

Update from support:

In the script change line number 254 from server_time_dt = datetime.now() to server_time_dt = datetime.utcnow()

@marycordova

View solution in original post

marycordova
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust

Update from support:

In the script change line number 254 from server_time_dt = datetime.now() to server_time_dt = datetime.utcnow()

@marycordova

eckolp2003
Path Finder

Thanks Mary. This code change should occur in a future version release to permanently correct this issue but your method is a valid work around for now.

marycordova
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust

Bug identified with Proofpoint support. The handling of UTC vs localization doens't operate as expected, escalated to Proofpoint Dev.

Workaround, deploy to server running UTC system time (in case your org is crazy like mine and actually runs localized 😕 )

@marycordova
0 Karma

Anam
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi marycordovacaa

If you are not looking for an answer anymore and were able to figure out the solution yourself, please make sure you click accept on your answer.

Thanks

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Index This | I am a number, but when you add ‘G’ to me, I go away. What number am I?

March 2024 Edition Hayyy Splunk Education Enthusiasts and the Eternally Curious!  We’re back with another ...

What’s New in Splunk App for PCI Compliance 5.3.1?

The Splunk App for PCI Compliance allows customers to extend the power of their existing Splunk solution with ...

Extending Observability Content to Splunk Cloud

Register to join us !   In this Extending Observability Content to Splunk Cloud Tech Talk, you'll see how to ...