All Apps and Add-ons

Why are we getting error "ResourceNotFound...Application does not exist: user-prefs" trying to access Splunk?

Kaushikkatta03
Explorer

We are getting these internal errors when we are trying to access Splunk.

500 Internal Server Error 

Return to Splunk home page 

ResourceNotFound: [HTTP 404] https://**************/services/data/user-prefs; [{'type': 'ERROR', 'code': None, 'text': 'Application does not exist: user-prefs'}] 
0 Karma

splunk_force_as
Path Finder

Looks like the user-prefs app is missing. If you go to $SPLUNK_HOME/etc/apps, do you see a directory called user-prefs? If not, that's more than likely the issue. I would download another copy of Splunk Enterprise, whatever version you are running, and copy the user-prefs app from there to your current $SPLUNK_HOME/etc/apps. Or you could upgrade or reinstall.

0 Karma

ryanoconnor
Builder

Do you have the Splunk Universal Forwarder and Splunk Enterprise on this machine?

0 Karma

Kaushikkatta03
Explorer

yes ,we have Splunk universal forwarder and splunk enterprise

0 Karma

ryanoconnor
Builder

I'm wondering if your Splunk Universal Forwarder is binding to the Splunk web port on accident. Is there a reason you have these both installed side by side? If Splunk Enterprise is installed on a machine there is generally no need for a Universal Forwarder.

Try stopping the UF and Splunk Enterprise and just starting Splunk Enterprise and see if this changes anything.

0 Karma

somesoni2
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust

What version of Splunk are you using and are you using Splunk Enterprise?

0 Karma

Kaushikkatta03
Explorer

yes it splunk enterprise , version : splunk 6.0.3

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Welcome to the Splunk Community!

(view in My Videos) We're so glad you're here! The Splunk Community is place to connect, learn, give back, and ...

Tech Talk | Elevating Digital Service Excellence: The Synergy of Splunk RUM & APM

Elevating Digital Service Excellence: The Synergy of Real User Monitoring and Application Performance ...

Adoption of RUM and APM at Splunk

Unleash the power of Splunk Observability   Watch Now In this can't miss Tech Talk! The Splunk Growth ...