All Apps and Add-ons

Why Aws Addon Throwing Stack Trace Error

tkw03
Communicator

Hello everyone

Anyone happen to know why when configuring the account on the AWS Addon I get this stack trace error:

09-10-2020 12:04:33.220 -0400 ERROR AdminManagerExternal - Stack trace from python handler:\nTraceback (most recent call last):\n  File "/opt/splunk/lib/python2.7/site-packages/splunk/admin.py", line 88, in init_persistent\n    hand = handler(mode, ctxInfo, data)\n  File "/opt/splunk/etc/apps/Splunk_TA_aws/bin/aws_cloudwatch_inputs_rh.py", line 33, in __init__\n    **kwargs\n  File "/opt/splunk/etc/apps/Splunk_TA_aws/bin/base_input_rh.py", line 46, in __init__\n    self._service = LocalServiceManager(app=tac.splunk_ta_aws, session_key=self.getSessionKey()).get_local_service()\n  File "/opt/splunk/etc/apps/Splunk_TA_aws/bin/splunk_ta_aws/common/local_manager.py", line 14, in __init__\n    splunkd_host_port = self._get_entity(CONF_WEB, 'settings').get('mgmtHostPort', '127.0.0.1:8089')\n  File "/opt/splunk/etc/apps/Splunk_TA_aws/bin/splunk_ta_aws/common/local_manager.py", line 29, in _get_entity\n    return entity.getEntity(path, name, sessionKey=self._session_key, namespace=self._app, owner=self._owner)\n  File "/opt/splunk/lib/python2.7/site-packages/splunk/entity.py", line 265, in getEntity\n    serverResponse, serverContent = rest.simpleRequest(uri, getargs=kwargs, sessionKey=sessionKey, raiseAllErrors=True)\n  File "/opt/splunk/lib/python2.7/site-packages/splunk/rest/__init__.py", line 487, in simpleRequest\n    import httplib2\n  File "/opt/splunk/etc/apps/Splunk_TA_aws/bin/3rdparty/python3/httplib2/__init__.py", line 475\n    print("%s:" % h, end=" ", file=self._fp)\n                        ^\nSyntaxError: invalid syntax\n

Thanks for the help

Labels (3)
0 Karma

richgalloway
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust
You're trying to run a Python3 program under Python 2.7.
---
If this reply helps you, Karma would be appreciated.
0 Karma

tkw03
Communicator

My apologies, I thought 4.6.1 was the python2 compatible version of the app, it says it is:
awsCompat.PNG

0 Karma

richgalloway
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust

Traceback (most recent call last):\n File "/opt/splunk/lib/python2.7/site-packages/splunk/admin.py", line 88, in init_persistent

File "/opt/splunk/etc/apps/Splunk_TA_aws/bin/3rdparty/python3/httplib2/__init__.py", line 475\n print("%s:" % h, end=" ", file=self._fp)

The first and last lines of the traceback show two different versions of Python are being used.  I suggest opening a support ticket with Splunk.

---
If this reply helps you, Karma would be appreciated.
0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Index This | I am a number, but when you add ‘G’ to me, I go away. What number am I?

March 2024 Edition Hayyy Splunk Education Enthusiasts and the Eternally Curious!  We’re back with another ...

What’s New in Splunk App for PCI Compliance 5.3.1?

The Splunk App for PCI Compliance allows customers to extend the power of their existing Splunk solution with ...

Extending Observability Content to Splunk Cloud

Register to join us !   In this Extending Observability Content to Splunk Cloud Tech Talk, you'll see how to ...