All Apps and Add-ons

What is the difference between these Servicenow Apps?

N92
Path Finder

https://apps.splunk.com/app/4770
Servicenow security operations event ingestion addon for splunkes

And https://apps.splunk.com/app/3921
Servicenow security operations addon

Both are supporting on-demand based incident creation in servicenow so what is the actual difference here. Anyone have any idea?

Event ingestion add on required license addon from servicenow that I know. It is the only difference or something else also?

Labels (1)
Tags (2)
0 Karma

richgalloway
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust

The newer app (#4770) is intended for use within Splunk Enterprise Security.  The other app is used in Splunk Enterprise.

---
If this reply helps you, Karma would be appreciated.
0 Karma

N92
Path Finder

#3921 app not required any application on servicenow side. It's just required only user profile from servicenow. Please correct me if I am wrong here.

This app adding workflow action of creation of security incident/event in servicenow.

#4771 app required splunk event ingestion application on servicenow end which is licensed application. Why someone should have invest money when it is free of cost.

This app adding workflow action of send notable to now production/test

I just want to know the actual difference in terms of configuration.

0 Karma

richgalloway
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust

If you don't have a SNOW license then why bother with SNOW apps?

Someone else will have to answer how the configurations differ for the two apps.  Or you could install them both and see for yourself.

---
If this reply helps you, Karma would be appreciated.
0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Index This | I am a number, but when you add ‘G’ to me, I go away. What number am I?

March 2024 Edition Hayyy Splunk Education Enthusiasts and the Eternally Curious!  We’re back with another ...

What’s New in Splunk App for PCI Compliance 5.3.1?

The Splunk App for PCI Compliance allows customers to extend the power of their existing Splunk solution with ...

Extending Observability Content to Splunk Cloud

Register to join us !   In this Extending Observability Content to Splunk Cloud Tech Talk, you'll see how to ...