All Apps and Add-ons

What are the requirements to use the Google Import/Export app?

shayfa
Path Finder

Hi,

I set up a simple lookup called google.csv which looks like this:

server,name
bla,shasha
mi,you
etc..

I configured it in the app to be imported from a google doc on my drive and gave the credentials on my gmail account, but nothing happens to the lookup. I'm using | inputlookup google to see the lookup output.

Any idea why it doesn't work for me? Can it be related to my gmail account in general needing 2 factors of authentication?

Thanks you guys for the help.

1 Solution

LukeMurphey
Champion

If you are using two-factor authentication you will need to use an app specific password (Google explains how to generate one). I use two-factor authentication with Google as well and the app works fine with an app specific password.

View solution in original post

LukeMurphey
Champion

If you are using two-factor authentication you will need to use an app specific password (Google explains how to generate one). I use two-factor authentication with Google as well and the app works fine with an app specific password.

shayfa
Path Finder

Great it works now !
thank you very much 🙂

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Index This | I am a number, but when you add ‘G’ to me, I go away. What number am I?

March 2024 Edition Hayyy Splunk Education Enthusiasts and the Eternally Curious!  We’re back with another ...

What’s New in Splunk App for PCI Compliance 5.3.1?

The Splunk App for PCI Compliance allows customers to extend the power of their existing Splunk solution with ...

Extending Observability Content to Splunk Cloud

Register to join us !   In this Extending Observability Content to Splunk Cloud Tech Talk, you'll see how to ...