All Apps and Add-ons

Website Monitoring: Problem with https connection and certificate overrides

rtunstal

Hi there

Thanks very much for the latest version of this - that has helped with access to our internal load balancer which has an internally self signed certificate.

I am now able to access our website through our LB which uses the self signed cert however I'd like to check for availability of the hosts behind the LB directly. Unfortunately we do not have certificates for these hosts and connecting directly to the hosts doesn't work for those direct URL's.

I've got this working in the meantime through a curl script where I use the -k option to ignore certificate issues - wonder if there is a fix for this so I can use the dashboard for hosts directly in addition to the website with the cert.

Cheers

Rob T.

0 Karma

kenth213
Path Finder

Are you trying to use HTTPS for the hosts without certificates?

Have you tried just connecting with standard HTTP to the hosts behind the load balancer? We have a similar scenario for our web service endpoints. Only the externally accessible LB is has a server certificate, which you can connect via HTTPS to monitor, but to monitor the host endpoints directly we use HTTP.

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

.conf24 | Registration Open!

Hello, hello! I come bearing good news: Registration for .conf24 is now open!   conf is Splunk’s rad annual ...

ICYMI - Check out the latest releases of Splunk Edge Processor

Splunk is pleased to announce the latest enhancements to Splunk Edge Processor.  HEC Receiver authorization ...

Introducing the 2024 SplunkTrust!

Hello, Splunk Community! We are beyond thrilled to announce our newest group of SplunkTrust members!  The ...