All Apps and Add-ons

Using timewrap, trying to dynamically determine average based on event_count.

ericrobinson
Path Finder

Great app.. I just cant figure out how to assign a value that matches the event_count or anything else (closed_txn count)

In the example below, he shows how to calculate rolling 7 day average, but its a static number.

My dashboard uses "Business week to date". So I want my denominator for the average to be the number of day I am in the week (or event_count as mentioned above). I have just so far been unsuccessful in getting it to work.

Monday=total/1; Tuesday=total/2; Wednesday=total/3 etc..

• | timechart count span=1h | timewrap d series=short | addtotals s* | eval 7dayavg=Total/7.0 <-Basically, how do I make this dynamic based on the number of runs, or day of the week?-> | table _time, _span, s0, s1, 7dayavg | rename s0 as now, s1 as yesterday
0 Karma

somesoni2
Revered Legend

Try like this

your base search | timechart count span=1h
| timewrap d series=short
| addtotals s* | eval noofdays=0 | foreach s* [eval noofdays=noofdays+1 ]
| eval Dailyavg=Total/noofdays
| table _time, _span, s0, s1, Dailyavg
| rename s0 as now, s1 as yesterday

sloshburch
Splunk Employee
Splunk Employee

@ericrobinson: Did that answer your question?

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

ICYMI - Check out the latest releases of Splunk Edge Processor

Splunk is pleased to announce the latest enhancements to Splunk Edge Processor.  HEC Receiver authorization ...

Introducing the 2024 SplunkTrust!

Hello, Splunk Community! We are beyond thrilled to announce our newest group of SplunkTrust members!  The ...

Introducing the 2024 Splunk MVPs!

We are excited to announce the 2024 cohort of the Splunk MVP program. Splunk MVPs are passionate members of ...