All Apps and Add-ons

Using the Add-on for LDAP to perform an e-directory LDAP lookup based on user id, how do I connect to LDAP using anonymous bind?

Sriram
Communicator

Hello,

I am trying to use this app to perform an e-directory ldap lookup based on user id. If I want to connect to ldap using anonymous bind, how do I do that? LDAP.conf file has no such provision. Any help is appreciated.

0 Karma
1 Solution

MuS
Legend

Hi Sriram,

Take a look at the ldap.conf in the default directory. In the first stanza you will find the option password = 0 this is used to set anonymous bind. I will update the set up instruction / documentation of the app.

Hope this helps ...

cheers, MuS

View solution in original post

0 Karma

MuS
Legend

Hi Sriram,

Take a look at the ldap.conf in the default directory. In the first stanza you will find the option password = 0 this is used to set anonymous bind. I will update the set up instruction / documentation of the app.

Hope this helps ...

cheers, MuS

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

.conf24 | Registration Open!

Hello, hello! I come bearing good news: Registration for .conf24 is now open!   conf is Splunk’s rad annual ...

ICYMI - Check out the latest releases of Splunk Edge Processor

Splunk is pleased to announce the latest enhancements to Splunk Edge Processor.  HEC Receiver authorization ...

Introducing the 2024 SplunkTrust!

Hello, Splunk Community! We are beyond thrilled to announce our newest group of SplunkTrust members!  The ...