All Apps and Add-ons

User stats app?

sheltomt
Path Finder

I'm looking for an app that does something like Splunk Dashboard Monitoring. Simple page, has all sorts of user stats on it.

Has anyone found something like that?

Thank you!

Tags (1)
0 Karma
1 Solution

Azeemering
Builder

Not really, but I have made some own dashboards and queries using REST calls:

For example:
Total Users in Splunk---> |rest /servicesNS/-/-/authentication/users splunk_server=local|search NOT tittle=admin|stats count
Current Active User Session in Splunk--> | rest /servicesNS/-/-/authentication/httpauth-tokens splunk_server=local |search NOT userName="splunk-system-user" searchId=""|stats dc(userName) AS count

Splunk User Logon Trend - Daily --> index="_internal" sourcetype=splunkd_access NOT user=splunk-system-user NOT user="-" "/services/authentication/users/"|timechart span=1d count

Splunk USer count by role-->
|rest /servicesNS/-/-/authentication/users |search NOT tittle=admin|table title roles|mvexpand roles|stats dc(title) AS user_count by roles

View solution in original post

0 Karma

Azeemering
Builder

Not really, but I have made some own dashboards and queries using REST calls:

For example:
Total Users in Splunk---> |rest /servicesNS/-/-/authentication/users splunk_server=local|search NOT tittle=admin|stats count
Current Active User Session in Splunk--> | rest /servicesNS/-/-/authentication/httpauth-tokens splunk_server=local |search NOT userName="splunk-system-user" searchId=""|stats dc(userName) AS count

Splunk User Logon Trend - Daily --> index="_internal" sourcetype=splunkd_access NOT user=splunk-system-user NOT user="-" "/services/authentication/users/"|timechart span=1d count

Splunk USer count by role-->
|rest /servicesNS/-/-/authentication/users |search NOT tittle=admin|table title roles|mvexpand roles|stats dc(title) AS user_count by roles

0 Karma

sheltomt
Path Finder

Awesome! The Total Users and Current Active Users is exactly what I was looking for.

Thank you!

I need to dig more into the rest command, seems like many of my questions come back to that answer.

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Introducing the 2024 SplunkTrust!

Hello, Splunk Community! We are beyond thrilled to announce our newest group of SplunkTrust members!  The ...

Introducing the 2024 Splunk MVPs!

We are excited to announce the 2024 cohort of the Splunk MVP program. Splunk MVPs are passionate members of ...

Splunk Custom Visualizations App End of Life

The Splunk Custom Visualizations apps End of Life for SimpleXML will reach end of support on Dec 21, 2024, ...