All Apps and Add-ons

Use NMON App without forwarders on every server

eichfuss
Path Finder

Hello,

is there any solution to get the nmon data from the aix / linux servers an send them to a dedicated universal forwarder without a forwarder on every server?

Thanks
Cheers, Sven

1 Solution

eichfuss
Path Finder

guilmxm
Influencer

Hi Sven,

I'm sorry not having seen your message before, and i'm happy you found your own answer.

For information, you will find within the App the full and up to date help page containing all required information, and deployment scenarios:

• Follow the interrogation mark icon on Top left of the App home page

The answer to your original question is yes, people wanting to get nmon data indexed and available within Splunk can manage nmon data generating by their own process and simply make the nmon files available to the App by creating their own custom monitor.

Any nmon file placed in this directory (local directory, NFS share, whatever) will be converted and indexed by Splunk, and the performance data available within all interfaces the same way as if it would have been generated by the App itself.

This is the deployment scenario "Scenario 3: Manage NMON Data collected into centralized shares" fully described in help page.

Thank you for using the App, don't hesitate if you have any issue or question, and don't forget to rate the App 🙂

ps. Note an important release of the App has been published to day as of the version 1.3.3

Cheers,

Guilhem

eichfuss
Path Finder

ppablo
Retired

Hi @eichfuss

Finding a resource that solved your question is as good an answer as any 🙂 I just put the link from your old comment and into your answer. Thanks for contributing!

Patrick

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Introducing the 2024 SplunkTrust!

Hello, Splunk Community! We are beyond thrilled to announce our newest group of SplunkTrust members!  The ...

Introducing the 2024 Splunk MVPs!

We are excited to announce the 2024 cohort of the Splunk MVP program. Splunk MVPs are passionate members of ...

Splunk Custom Visualizations App End of Life

The Splunk Custom Visualizations apps End of Life for SimpleXML will reach end of support on Dec 21, 2024, ...