All Apps and Add-ons

UberAgent: getting strange application name

pedrolito
Explorer

Hello splunkers!

I recently discovered a problem with guys monitoring citrix activities on how published app names are written.

The problem concerns application names which can have different format, like upper case and lower case.
Within dashboards this is not a problem as the value "SessionPublishedAppsCtx" is changed in "SessionPublishedAppsCtxSplitLower".

However, for a lot of applications, for ex. google chrome, I get results with the SessionPublishedAppsCtx=google_chrome_1-1.
It seems that somewhere, the application name is feeded with numbers at its end, or even sometimes truncated (off for 'office')

When I checked the brut logs from splunk SHD, I can see that logs are received in this format from uber Agent, which drive me to think that such name modification are done on the uberagent itself.

Any idea or feedback from this little issue ?

Thanks in advance

Cheers!

1 Solution

helge
Builder

uberAgent reads Citrix XenApp published application names from the registry of the VDA. The format of the names is internal to the VDA - uberAgent does not change it. It should, however, be easy enough to figure out which published application a name refers to.

View solution in original post

0 Karma

helge
Builder

uberAgent reads Citrix XenApp published application names from the registry of the VDA. The format of the names is internal to the VDA - uberAgent does not change it. It should, however, be easy enough to figure out which published application a name refers to.

0 Karma

pedrolito
Explorer

Hi helge,

Thank you for this quick answer.

Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

.conf24 | Registration Open!

Hello, hello! I come bearing good news: Registration for .conf24 is now open!   conf is Splunk’s rad annual ...

ICYMI - Check out the latest releases of Splunk Edge Processor

Splunk is pleased to announce the latest enhancements to Splunk Edge Processor.  HEC Receiver authorization ...

Introducing the 2024 SplunkTrust!

Hello, Splunk Community! We are beyond thrilled to announce our newest group of SplunkTrust members!  The ...