All Apps and Add-ons

Texting from Splunk - solved!

mcbradford
Contributor

This is not a question, but I wanted to share...

If you are running Enterprise Splunk and would like an alert sent via text...

Create the search, have Splunk send an email. I un-check the send results (mixed results. text might not come through).

The email address will vary depending on who your carrier is:

I have verizon, so my to would be: 5555555555@vtext.com

If you have another carrier, reference below:

Alltel @message.alltel.com
AT&T @txt.att.net
ST @txt.att.net
Nextel @messaging.nextel.com
Sprint @messaging.sprintpcs.com
SunCom @tms.suncom.com
T-mobile @tmomail.net
Verizon @vtext.com

mr81adm

Where and how do I need to add AT&T @txt.att.net to Splunk? My provider is AT&T. I do not see any option to add this information to Splunk. Please help.

0 Karma

chintan_shah
Path Finder

I am trying to send email using 1234567890@txt.att.net but receiving Unable to relay.. Does anyone has encounter the same issue?

0 Karma

smouli24
Engager

T mobile it is not working.

0 Karma

carasso
Splunk Employee
Splunk Employee

If you or your users have an iPhone, consider looking at

http://www.innovato.com

It's Splunk Alerting on your iPhone. Available now. It's not an official Splunk product, but a really useful skunkworks project.

0 Karma

jpass
Contributor

nice! This will come in handy very soon.

0 Karma

Damien_Dallimor
Ultra Champion

Alternatively , if you want a solution that can SMS/MMS can anyone/anywhere you could write a custom alert script that , as 1 such example , uses Twilio , to send your SMS/MMS. This isn't free however , you'd need a Twilio account.

You could even integrate Twilio Phone Calls for all sorts of exciting alerting integration use cases 🙂 ie: an alert that fires and an automated call to you phone and reads you the alert description.

MartinMcNutt
Communicator

This is on my radar and you saved me a lot of time. I also recommend you do as Jtrucks suggested as people might overlook this since it is unanswerd.

0 Karma

jtrucks
Splunk Employee
Splunk Employee

You should Answer this and accept the answer for yourself.

--
Jesse Trucks
Minister of Magic
0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Extending Observability Content to Splunk Cloud

Watch Now!   In this Extending Observability Content to Splunk Cloud Tech Talk, you'll see how to leverage ...

More Control Over Your Monitoring Costs with Archived Metrics!

What if there was a way you could keep all the metrics data you need while saving on storage costs?This is now ...

New in Observability Cloud - Explicit Bucket Histograms

Splunk introduces native support for histograms as a metric data type within Observability Cloud with Explicit ...