All Apps and Add-ons

TSM DB2 getting data with DB Connect

This_Game

Hi Splunkers,

I've looked through the docs section but found very little info for using the DC Connect App to get IBM TSM/Spectrum Protect (db2) database info into Splunk. In the lab environment with full-access it works, but for production we only get limited acces to the database, which should be enough to query some tables. Only when trying to define a new input, the gui throws me a 'cannot get schemas' error. I know I need the 'TSMDB1' schema, so I don't need the dropdownbox to be populated with other system schema's.

I thought about manually editting the conf files, but that's not how our regular procedures work and there is some risk I might miss some check or warnings and it's an extra pain maintaining.

We have DB Connect 3.2.0 with driver version 4.23, TSM server version is 8.1.7

The dbx error in splunk log is SQLCode 551, SQLState 42501 Execute SYSIBM.SQLTABLES, Unable to get schemas metadata

Labels (1)
Tags (2)
0 Karma

nithishyk
Explorer
SQLCode-551 is insufficient authority error. The user-id XXXXX which was provided to access the database userid did not have the privilege to SELECT data from the tables specified in the SQL.
Ask db person to run a GRANT command to provide that privilege in DB2.

Thanks
Nithish
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

.conf24 | Registration Open!

Hello, hello! I come bearing good news: Registration for .conf24 is now open!   conf is Splunk’s rad annual ...

ICYMI - Check out the latest releases of Splunk Edge Processor

Splunk is pleased to announce the latest enhancements to Splunk Edge Processor.  HEC Receiver authorization ...

Introducing the 2024 SplunkTrust!

Hello, Splunk Community! We are beyond thrilled to announce our newest group of SplunkTrust members!  The ...