All Apps and Add-ons

TA Domain Tools For Splunk rate limit access

jserni
Explorer

Hi,

Would it be possible to diplay the rate limit even if the role doens't have admin_all_objects capability?

Thanks

jserni
Explorer

Hi Mark,

Technically we only want the rate limit table because the tenant want to monitor their usage. We don't want to give them admin capability because they maybe able to access some configuration which not on their scope.

If there's a workaround that would be great.

BTW, this is table they want to have:

https://ibb.co/nAjkWy

Thanks

0 Karma

markkendrick
Path Finder

Got it - yes, that would be helpful for them to see. We should be able to pull that out into it's own view fairly easily. I'll get it on the roadmap for a near term addition.

Until then, you can tell them their DomainTools account manager is always happy to give them updated stats on usage.

Thanks for letting us know of a way to improve the app. We'll get it done.

0 Karma

jserni
Explorer

Hi Mark,

Thank you very much.

Could you please advise when the table is available on the app release?
Maybe post the update on this thread?

Thanks

0 Karma

markkendrick
Path Finder

Hi, Mark here from DomainTools. Thanks for using our app!

At present, the app shows those rate limits on the same page as the app settings, and that's why it needs that capability. We'll add it to our feature list to consider building that rate limit table as a standalone info page.

Can you help me understand more why you'd like these details as a non-admin user? We may be able to provide a workaround for now depending on what you're looking for. And is it the rate limit specifically, or the used / remaining queries, or something else?

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Welcome to the Splunk Community!

(view in My Videos) We're so glad you're here! The Splunk Community is place to connect, learn, give back, and ...

Tech Talk | Elevating Digital Service Excellence: The Synergy of Splunk RUM & APM

Elevating Digital Service Excellence: The Synergy of Real User Monitoring and Application Performance ...

Adoption of RUM and APM at Splunk

Unleash the power of Splunk Observability   Watch Now In this can't miss Tech Talk! The Splunk Growth ...