All Apps and Add-ons

Suppressing using priority field in Alert Manager

logginz85
Explorer

Hi.

We've recently started using Alert Manager on Splunk Cloud (8.1.2) and have managed to create dynamic alerts based upon a lookup of impact and urgency. 

These calculate the "priority" field in Alert Manager, and we're looking for a way to suppress the "informational" level alerts (low/low)

Under Settings> Suppression Rules, I figured I could set up a rule that went as such,

Rule type = Normal
Scope = Rule_name*
Field = $priority$
Condition = is
Value = informational

Yet this does not seem to suppress anything.

I have tried with Field = $result.priority$ but that doesnt work either.

Any help would be greatly appreciated

Labels (3)

jdanielabacode
Engager

I have the exact same issue.  I've read over the alert manager documentation as well and that also gives no further insight. Has anyone come across a solution?

logginz85
Explorer

logginz85_0-1602752472293.png

looking just to suppress/auto-resolve on the main Alert manager page (Incident Posture?)

I'm unsure how I'd go about modifying macros tbh.

0 Karma

richgalloway
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust

It depends on where are you wanting to suppress the data. 

Are you willing to modify macros?  If so, add this to filter out informational alerts.

| where priority!=informational

---
If this reply helps you, Karma would be appreciated.
0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Announcing Scheduled Export GA for Dashboard Studio

We're excited to announce the general availability of Scheduled Export for Dashboard Studio. Starting in ...

Extending Observability Content to Splunk Cloud

Watch Now!   In this Extending Observability Content to Splunk Cloud Tech Talk, you'll see how to leverage ...

More Control Over Your Monitoring Costs with Archived Metrics GA in US-AWS!

What if there was a way you could keep all the metrics data you need while saving on storage costs?This is now ...